1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

directory submission is dead for seo?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by deepitseo, Jun 24, 2014.

directory submission is dead for seo?

deepitseo, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do a search on the forums, lots of such threads and full of information

gkd_uk, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  3. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many seo experts say that directory submission is dead but few directories did not lose its importance like Dmoz, Yahoo directory and onemission.com.

Kristina Roy, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. david1786

david1786 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes some of the top directories will help in get your site on top search engine results, still it works but the way of submission has changed.

david1786, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  5. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    I think, i already answered such type of question in Dp.. Search in forums

m.sivarajan, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  6. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually you can't say it's dead.. But directory submission to high authority websites will help you...But frankly speaking do not depend on directory submission for building natural backlink.

ActionEstore, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  7. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. There are still some good directories to work on like Yahoo directory, dmoz, somuch etc.

Anis Mizi, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  8. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's not. It's still a pretty important thing to do, if you can, however, getting your website listed on one of the major directories is a VERY difficult process, because the editors seem to be lazy, and getting them to pay attention to your website is a pain in the butt.

Akash47, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  9. Krishspeech

Krishspeech Active Member

Best Answers:
    From my view the answer will be not. Cause still now it will work for many of my site. But before that you have to do some research about directory where you wanna to listing. The directory list should be refine by some following criteria:
    1. Domain age – with the use of webarchive(archive[dot]org/web/), you’ll see the year and date the directory has been bought. Though in most cases old directories had been spammed, there are still a few of them that remain high quality.
    2. Editorial review/discretion – you can look at the policy standard/submission pages of the directory site and see how much time they would need to review each website. If they don’t have strict editorial guidelines, they’re more likely to be automated directories.
    3. Lists down top brands/companies – you can grab one popular company website and search for it in the directory. See if it pops up and the category, tags and descriptions fits right to the company.
    4. Relevancy – Look for closely related directories that don’t have any submission from adult and gambling sites or any bad neighborhoods.
    5. Number of listed websites – the faster they list websites, the higher chances that they don’t have strict review guidelines (unless they existed for a long time and are ranking for many directory terms).
    6. Anchor texts used to link to submitted websites. If the directory links out to websites using exact match commercial keywords (e.g. personal injury firm in UK, personal injury firm in Florida), then it’s more likely deemed as a low quality one.

Krishspeech, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  10. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not dead. It's still a good way to get some good backlinks from RELATED and from directories with High Authority. Just do NOT spam and try writing unique title and description every time if possible! ;)

patco, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  11. ashokdhan

ashokdhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    i say no because if you are using related business directories for submission then it will good impact. if you are doing spam then it will create problem.
    Example
    1. if i have travel website so i am going post or list my site in travel related directories. it will get me rank top and also get some customers.
    2. if i am posting or submitting my same travel website in electronics or multimedia related directories so it will count as spam also google not and same i will not get any customer from the listing.

ashokdhan, Jun 27, 2014 IP