1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory scripts

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Cristian Mezei, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Nindja

Nindja Peon

Best Answers:
    this is good idea for my sites ..thanks

Nindja, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  2. Toonces51

Toonces51 !@#$%^&*^%#@#$%

Best Answers:
    Did this directory script article ever come out?

Toonces51, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  3. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like I am very interested in writing an article about this using the info in this post if the OP owner does not mind :).

honey, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  4. Cristian Mezei

Cristian Mezei Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I will write one. I really think it will be these days.

It's just that I moved with my company, and I've been swamped with all the chores.

Don't steal my info :p

Cristian Mezei, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  5. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I will start my own thread then, requesting the same info, lol :).

honey, Aug 21, 2006 IP
    Cristian Mezei likes this.
  6. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    well since the article hasn't been written yet so honey go ahead and write the article :) I am very much interested in getting a review of all these directoriy scripts.

well, even if you don't write atleast the "fear" will make expertu to write the article which is due for the past 5 months

poseidon, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. nicecoder

nicecoder Peon

Best Answers:
    The article will be helpful for us too... the script writer :)
    Please go ahead.

nicecoder, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  8. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    This thread has become a hijacking contest for all my info :D

Geez' people :D

Cristian Mezei, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The ball is clearly in your court, Cristian. :)

dvduval, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  10. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    please do. i'd like to read about it.

well, considering the start date of the thread: Feb 1st 2006, 3:29 pm

and up to this post's date: Aug, 22nd 1:11 pm

pass the torch.

an0n, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  11. master06

master06 Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory script name: skalinks
    URL of directory script: http://www.skalinks.com
    URL of your directory http: http://www.skalinks.com/dir/
    Programming language : php/mysql
    Type : Free
    Your comments : im using this script. Fast, easy install and good admin cp

master06, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  12. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    I don't want to pass the torch, and it's my right to use MY ideea on MY article. Your comment bothers me.

13. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not stealing your idea...at all :). Let me know if I can use the info in this thread or a better idea to start a new thread. I am not at all trying to hijack your thread either, but wanted to ask you, if at all, I can use the info in this thread :).

Let me know Chris !!

honey, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  14. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Yes you can use it Honey.. My previous posts were jokes.

Anon's comment and attitude bothered me, that's all.

Anyway, I'll make that directory review post tonight. You can make yours too, without a problem.

15. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks.

honey, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What's to be bothered about? I just simply stated that it's been long overdue(I'm really looking forward to reading about it), and hopefully you'd be willing to 'pass the torch' onto someone else who has the time and would like to take your initial idea and help it along some.

Attitude is something 'you create' when you catch feelings or mis-read a post.

So again, why are you 'bothered' with my post?

Rob

an0n, Aug 22, 2006 IP
  17. Cristian Mezei

Best Answers:
    Anon, it's not the red rep you gave me that's bothering me, but the "grow a pair of balls", the "stfu" and the "let someone else write about your 8month old wannabe idea" comments.

For that reason I truly think you are an idiot. If you really read the thread you would've read that I gave everyone my OK to write anything about this thread's information.

Cristian Mezei, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  18. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you truly reread what you wrote, you were 'bothered' and called out 'attitude' when someone suggested that you should 'pass the torch' and let them write about it.

But no, instead you red rep me and play the 'It's my ball and i'm taking it home card' which is a truly childish act by any standards! And for that reason alone, you are an idiot.

223days old and counting... need I say more?

oh, thought so.

an0n, Sep 13, 2006 IP
  19. pgolovko

pgolovko Peon

Best Answers:
    Directory script name : ADP
    URL of directory script: http://www.astanda.com/adp/
    URL of your directory: http://www.astanda.com
    Programming language : PHP, MySQL, Smarty
    Type : Unlimited fully functional shareware.
    Your comments: Advanced directory, spider, search engine software.

pgolovko, Dec 11, 2006 IP
    subseo likes this.
  20. cantufind

cantufind Banned

Best Answers:
    Directory script name : PHPLynx
    URL of directory script: http://www.phplynx.com/demo

Programming language: PHP

Type :
    1. Free Version Available

Comments : (Probably best to view features below as others have posted thiers.)

Pros.
    1. Anti Bot Text Captcha: Unique to any Directory script you can use your own Text/Graphic Captcha to prevent spamming.
    2. Clean and Simple Admin: We deliberately kept the Admin Control Panel simple for ease of use and navigation.
    3. Description Limiter: Prevents blank description fields being filled. A minimum of 50 characters must be entered.
    4. Listing Manager: Control how many listings you want on one page whether it be 10 to a 100 or more.
    5. Paginated Listings: Create paginated listing to prevent overloading a page with too many links, SEO friendly feature.
    6. Ban Word feature: Ban swear words, or any other words you want eliminating submission of undesirable sites.
    7. Multi payment system: Use more than one processor, accept PayPal - 2Checkout - Stormpay.
    8. Currency Management: What currency do you accept? You can add and use whichever you want via the Admin Control Panel.
    9. Static Pages: Create an unlimited number of static pages covering as many subjects as you desire.
    10. Location Manager: Build an integrated Country/State/Town category structure to search along subject matter. (Full version)
    11. Moderation Manager: Allows total control over which files/folders you want to install or uninstall in the ACP.
    12. Import Manager: Import easily from existing directory scripts like phpLD and eSyndicat.
    13. Index page Categories: This feature allows you to add unlimited Categories on your index page.
    14. Reciprocal Linking: Force your submitters to provide a reciprocal link and check for this, you can also notify status to sender
    15. Logging Manager: Allows you to monitor and log who's been using you, creating a database of the details. (Multi Function)
    16. E-Mail configuration: Allows you to choose how you configure your e- mail transport method, Send-mail or SMPT.
    17. Multi Field Search: Allow your visitors to post and search in separate fields, for example: Trade - Name - Location (Full)
    18. Unlimited Categories: Unlimited category structure with infinite depth and SEO friendly structure no matter how deep.
    19. Unlimited link structure: As with the categories, there is an unlimited number of links you can add.
    20. Customized Listing: Allow users to submit custom META Title, Description, Keywords for their links.
    21. Paginated Categories: Control how many categories per page to display, ideal for Country and State directories.
    22. Membership listings: Allow up to Seven paid or free listing levels, manipulate the level of features each listing has.
    23. Ban Management: Ban those nuisance bots or spammers by blocking their IP address.
    24. Admin Users: Create Admin and Moderator user accounts, with the ability to restrict control.
    25. My Site Management: An easy to use but powerful management area where the site owner can manipulate anything.
    26. Reciprocal Linking: 7 Status levels for reciprocal linking plus the ability to send an e-mail of confirmation of status.
    27. Dual Category Structure: With this feature you can now display your categories using an ABC structure for ease of navigation.
    28. Index page Category tree: This feature allows you to add any number of categories and sub categories on the front page without the template auto-adjusting.
    29. Newsletter Manager: Create newsletters, publicity lists, notifications, and many other notices for your member.
    30. File Manager: Manage every single file or folder on your server from the comfort of you Admin Control Panel.
    31. Show/Hide Fields: Show/Hide whatever fields you want displayed and made active via the Admin.
    32. E-Mail Manager: Manage how your e-mails are sent. Govern the transport method, Sendmail, MIME etc..
    33. Who's Online?: Enables you to keep an eye on who's online and what they are browsing.
    34. Send E-Mails: Send a pre-formatted e-mails to your users, using the custom template.
    35. Backup Manager: Backup your entire directory safely with the integrated backup Manager.
    36. Feedback Subjects: Create unlimited feedback forms and messages to the directory user via the Admin Control Panel.
    37. Configure required Fields: Allows you to further control what the submitter has to provide in their submission.
    38. Fully SEO friendly: This about as SEO an optimized directory script as you are likely to get.
    39. Link Management: Manage your links with up to seven link submission status levels at ACP level, Edited - to Pending.
    40. Link Notification: Notify Submitter of Link status, pending, declined, under review, banned, and more.
    41. Symbolic Categories: Create your own Dmoz type category structure and improve site navigation @category
    42. Link Description: Description management allows you to set min/max title and description field lengths.
    43. Enable/Disable RSS: Enable or disable your site for RSS (Really Simple Syndication) capability.
    44. Sitemap Creator: Built in Automatic sitemap creator, creates your Yahoo, Google friendly sitemap maker on the fly.
    45. Boolean Searches: Configure how you want to search via the Admin Control Panel.
    46. Suggest Category: Unlike any other directories you can suggest a category while submitting a link.
    47. Refer Listing: Allows the user of the directory to refer a listing and details to other users.
    48. Contact Listing: Allows the user of the directory to have a contact page for users to contact them specifically.
    49. Report Listing: Allows the user of the directory to report a listing, if for example the site content changes.
    50. Rate Listing: Allows the user of the directory to rate a listing, this can tell the visitor of the quality of the site.
    51. SEO Friendly URLS: Each Listing is configured to the highest level for maximum efficiency in the SEO Market.
    52. RSS Feeds: Turn RSS (Really Simple Syndication) on or off via the admin area.
    53. Server info: Here you check on the what your server is running, from software to configuration
    54. Absolutely free: including the Support.

Cons.
    1. Encrypted so no good for opensource fans. Template files are not encoded so templating is possible.

2. Less templates than the others because it is a brand new script.

3. Owner is probably too enthusiastic in promoting his script but don't let that put you off, look at the features above and tell me why he shouldn't be. :)

Nice to see a thread where other scripts have put thier features, it allows for people to see fairly and to judge fairly. This is what democracy is all about.

cantufind, Mar 7, 2007 IP