1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Script on GoDaddy Hosting?

Discussion in 'Apache' started by cagintranet, Jul 1, 2005.

I tried a free directory script (boonex.com) on my site which is hosted on GoDaddy servers, and i was told by the creator that i wasnt able to use his script (see below):

Now i am starting another business venture using my same hosting account and it will require a directory script. Is there any DP member out there that is running a Free/Cheap directory script that works well on GoDaddy hosting?

Any help at all would be much appriciated.

Chris

cagintranet, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  2. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    I run with my directory site http://www.dirspace.com/ the biz-directory script on godaddy hosting. The script is free and easy to use.

Godaddy doens't support mod-rewrite stuff of other server modifications, but I worked my way around this problem. And now it running great!

WhatiFind, Jul 1, 2005 IP
    TheNetCode likes this.
  3. cagintranet

cagintranet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Whatifind, Tahnks! Where did you download biz directory at? im searching, but can't find it.

did you have to make modifications to the script itself for it to be compatiable with Godaddy?

cagintranet, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  4. WhatiFind

WhatiFind offline

Best Answers:
    You can download the script here: http://www.biz-directory.org/directory_script.php

I made several hunderds of pages nameing them 1.php, 2.php, 3.php and so on. this php file contains the following script.
    <?
    $no = substr(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']),0,-4); 
    require_once("http://www.yourdirectoryname.com/index.php?c=$no"); 
    ?>
    Code (markup):
    What this script does is, that it extracts the number from the url and then includes the dynamic page containing that page number.

After uploading these files I made several modifications to the script manually. With a bit of php knowledge it should be easy to do. If you should run into any problems send me a pm and I'll help you. Good luck!

WhatiFind, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  5. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how to make a url seo friendly...i mean don wnat querystring in my dir www.cash-for-surveys.com/dir
    i want either arts.php or arts.html
    can you provide me that mod_rewrite code

westhaven, Jul 2, 2005 IP