1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Problem

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by nevetS, Dec 3, 2004.

I just joined the co-op network, and placed the ad on all the pages. I have a subdirectory of pages I can't easily put the ads on, and isn't really part of the main site. They don't all have a common include file, and there are 11,418 pages, which means that I would have to update all of those files.

Aside from spending a few days figuring out a script that would update all those pages (which hardly get any traffic btw), is there a way to get the co-op validator to ignore a directory?

I know the sticky says not to ask about this, but it really is a section of the site that doesn't have to do with the main site, and frankly, I think that putting ads on those pages and getting credit for them would be kind of like cheating. (there are about ~25-30 pages on the main site)

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This thread might help you getting them on the pages. But they do need to be there if you want to run it for the site. The other option would be to block search engines from spidering those pages with the robots.txt directives.

digitalpoint, Dec 3, 2004 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    okeydoke. I appreciate your quick responses tonight.

nevetS, Dec 3, 2004 IP