1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Penalzation Round 2

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Dave E, Sep 25, 2007.

1. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    And back links have no value? Because that's all that's left. And the reality is that a back link on Aviva is worth no more than a back link on any other site. The other fact you are going to have to get used to is that back links are a low value high volume business and directories are not going to command the same sort of rates they have been used to when PR was all the rage. :)

workshop, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  2. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And would you care to share your unbiased opinion of yourmonaco.com?

or laptopreviewsonline.com?

or spain-flights-hotels-property-golf.com?

CReed, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    smub likes this.
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well Mark, or is this Joy posting?... I know a hell of a lot more than you and have my own code. However, my clientel and better half come FIRST. I will enforce my code when I have the time. It is extremely strict. Moreso than these other alternatives and easily scalable.

Again Mr. and/or Mrs. Allan, you should and would definitely know about MFA and garbage directories... right?

outreach.co.za/blog/
    workshopweb.co.za/
    nichetraveldestinations.com/
    thetravelbag.net
    travelhubs.net
    travelbizoo.com
    travelzorg.com
    travelbuss.com/
    thetravelroot.com
    thetravellists.com
    travelsteam.com

wonder who those belong to.

Don't be so frustrated you're sites are garbage and compare nothing of the better directories. It's ok, it will be alright soon enough.
    Just remember you've dug yourself into your hole and everyone here sees right through your blatant lies and hypocrisy, so I guess there is nothing more to be said. Please do enjoy the garbage that you so miserably try to pass off as 'quality', you pathetic joker.

ps.s - you still didn't answer my question and you obviously can't, because you're a farce and have absolutely nothing to stand on.

an0n, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    jg123 likes this.
  4. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lets see ...

i think i already defined what i think a general directory is because it contains everything.

"a. with respect to the whole class referred to; as a whole " that is the definition of general. Pharmacy does go into that general category doesn't it??

You do not have to believe me as i dont need an idiot to be my supporter. Aviva brought me good traffic, and i guess you won't know because a cheap person like you won't submit to it, and all a person like you would do is trash talk because you dont have enough $$ to submit.

@Phoenix Yes it brought me directory owners (I didn't say Aviva brought me all my traffic) It brought me the ones i was targetting.

smub, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  5. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Is that a threat? I thought that might be your response and its one of the reasons I don't waste too much time worrying about the look and feel of sites. At some stage they might well get trashed by someone who knows all the back doors. But do me a favour. Take me on. I am battling to get some very simple points across. Whilst you are about it take a look at cometweb. That's using the phplynx script which I want to try out when I get a chance. I am not too keen on your attitude, sunshine.

You might also try reading what I wrote on Outreach. Sure its unfinished. I spend more time than I should, doing stuff I believe is more important but we are getting there. The difference is that we have nothing to hide. There is also www.nastycheapsolutions.com and www.thesimplestanswer.com . I have already explained that we run a Workshop and why. We have set up a link farm like most of the other directory owners on this forum but the difference is that we are adding real live people with real purpose and that's exciting.
    That's as real as you can get. We are going green and we are going organic. Some people might find it mucky stuff but its the way to go. Either get real or get penalised. You might have noticed that I am doing everything I can to persuade you to do your worst. Take a swipe at me, pimp me to Google or if you are really feeling mean send me another red. You cant win. MFA is made for adsense and lies are lies no matter how smartly you dress them.
    What was your question or is this just another example of the duplicity you are so good at and the double speak that you yourself no longer understand?
    I think you are beginning to understand the problem we are all faced with and why we should call a spade a spade if not a f***ing shovel. MFA is Made For Adsense and made for adsense no matter which way you wriggle. And smub the same goes for erectile problems. I have no problem with anyone getting paid for doing it but at least be honest about it. If you are a spammer be a spammer. If you are a scammer be a scammer but don't whine when you get caught.

workshop, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  6. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you take it however you want to in this fantasy world of yours.
    you dont have anything to take on, so you're barking up the wrong tree.

you're running a network of garbage. that's ok though because like the old saying goes; 'what's one mans garbage is another mans treasure', so enjoy your bottom of the barrel treasure hunt.

the difference between other directory owners owning several directories is that they take care of theirs. you're just a pathetic whinebox spewing sh*t you can't back up.

an0n, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  7. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I am more concerned about Google and its time you wised up to that. Anyone who understands the meaning of editorial integrity can set up and run a directory and Google is not going to take umbrage. This because they understand the importance of the relationship between players on the net. However you have every right to think the way you do. That is if you still believe you can get traffic without ranking in the serp's and that you don't need PR to command the sort of rates you have got used to charging a gullible market.

workshop, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  8. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I understand the problem, but now I have to wonder if you do? These listings were all found within your own directory.

CReed, Oct 7, 2007 IP
    alang likes this.
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I don't hide my stats. they are plain as day on my directory. always have been, and always will be. matter o'fact, I just approved a listing while you typed your response.

bottom line is you have absolutely no idea of anything at all when you post. you're a wannabe link pimp who can't even spell correctly. and you want to run directories? yes, you are quite the clown.

you have no idea what promotion is about. i still get traffic and will continue to do so. you being the ladder, you won't be around long enough to see anything. i'll be here for quite some time to come.

an0n, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  10. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ WORKSHOP, After many years on many forums, for the first time i will use the IGNORE THIS USER, please understand if i no longer answer your posts.

DownUnder, Oct 7, 2007 IP
  11. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Precisely. We started offering free listings but got spammed silly by, as I understand it, respected and well liked members who frequent these forums. That was two or three years ago. We have been clearing up ever since and have found it very difficult drawing a line between those that are and those that are not. Like you I found some sites creeping in that I don't believe should be there and that's when I stopped taking advice and started thinking for myself. Thanks for pointing this out. If you would like to go through the rest of our sites I am sure you will find a lot more and we would appreciate your help and assistance.

It would however be a lot easier if we got rid of the QBC for once and for all. That is what Google is doing and if you are serious about the future of this industry its what you and every other directory owner should be doing. Its not that difficult either. All we have to do is to take anOn's lollipop away from him and its accomplished.
    I didnt remember you asking that question to which you never got an answer either. Guess I must have been right all along. But how do you "work" those stats? Is it the signature links or an automated bot or the fact that you rank in the serp's. If its the latter I would start to sweat. Which was the site you massaged up to PR9? Didnt you get a bit tense after another member shopped you for that one?
    Why cant I get an answer to the bits I would like to see debated? Why does it always have to degenerate into these sort of poofy insults. You profiles a pearler by the way.

Ouch! More anonymous red. This time from Downunder. Prickly lot this.

workshop, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  12. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    Why do you constantly feel the need to try and belittle everyone? Keep personal issues just that. ;)

The Pheonix, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  13. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    why do you come and pick on him every time .... Keep personal issues just that. ;)

or maybe practice what you preach about if you have a personal issue pm them rather than posting a meaningless post here :)

smub, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  14. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Can we not stick to the point in question? What do we have to offer as directory owners since Google has decided to pop the PR balloon? The way I see it there is a back link and then there is traffic. I would pay $5 once off for a review and possibly a bit more if I believed that the directory has long tem value. But I certainly wouldn't pay Yahoo $300 a year for traffic I don't believe you will even get from the biggest and the best.

workshop, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  15. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    are you talking in numbers ?? Maybe we should see some of your statistics that you have taken while submitting to yahoo ??

What reasonings are you basing your logic on ?

Wait let me think you just said that out of the blant like all of your other bs and now this will never be wrong because Conshop said it so it is a fact.

smub, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  16. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I just said I wouldn't pay Yahoo $300 a year for traffic because I dont believe the users I am looking for make use of directories to find the stuff they are looking for. I stand to be corrected if I am wrong but I have only noticed this fixation with traffic in the last couple of months. Something I missed? What about the back link? How much is that worth to your average webmaster and I am not taking about the sleasy side of the internet either. Lets say a travel site. Whats a back link worth to them?

workshop, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  17. StudioWorks

StudioWorks Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i think that if your directory contains more than just site listings it won't be penalized. if you spend some time on it and make it more unique, and offer your visitors more than what they get from all the other directories I think it's going to be fine.

StudioWorks, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  18. smub

smub Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol what a backlink worth a travel site ?? are you kidding me

http://www.idk.in/index.php?search=hilton

I believe they just pay a big seo company $x,xxx,xxx to promote their sites and get backlinks online for no reason you know.

If every backlink is just a backlink than

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=airlines

Why doesn't your site come up here but i see Yahoo Directory page there so obviously people will see yahoo directory more and you have more potential of getting business.

I dont think i need to make a fool out of you because you are already one thinking your site have equal value than yahoo directory.

The day when you have 284 listings in your airline category mostly submitted actually by businesses not added by you and can prove it than i'll agree that your site provides the same quality as yahoo because i mean those billion dollars Corp. aren't dumb to pick yahoo over your site which is so holy (lol).

smub, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  19. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I work with anchor text day in and day out, getting the sort of results you are talking about and I don't have to pay Yahoo $300 a year. I use the free directories. And the only problem I have there is the short term thinking that is so prevalent in this industry. That's why I set up the workshop two years ago.

My question still stands. What is a back link worth? Do you still think you can create this illusion of value and get away with it? Sooner or later the penny is going to drop and your clients will understand that they have been lied to. This is when we are going to pick up the business. But you have just sold your directory if I am not mistaken. Maybe you are not such a clod after all. Smart move.

I would peg the value of a link on an entry level directory at $5 once off with a ceiling anywhere between $25 -$50. That is when the site has established itself and where it does offer long term value. It would be useful to get some idea of what other directory owners think.

workshop, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Seems a bit steep IMO for an un-established directory.. We have $2 once off links to start and are 3 years old. Pretty well respected as well... If this is the case, I should probably raise prices? ;)

Mia, Oct 8, 2007 IP