1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Owners seem very slow to learn how to protect their own Directory Market

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Jan 14, 2008.

1. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This alone is believe is another misconception, paid links

To understand it better, there is nothing wrong with paid, but more so how it is portrayed.

If a person places words like, "buy a link" "paid links etc then i see some trouble, and where this needs to change is people need to offer paid advertising and as suggested offer a freindly url option if you like, bit to say paid directories are a no no is a complete an utter false theory and statement.

If that were the case we may as well all pack up, for with that you are trying to tell me to promote my business i would need to sucombe to 1000 free crap / non cared for directories over and above half a dozen well maintained and promoted ones.

scondly if anyone can tell me that by promoting my directory in 1000 free crap directorties to artifially alter my ratings is ok and or better than paying for quality then please explain away.

Advertising is all ok, look at any top site, 99% have quality advertising so unless you are going to penalize these sites the story line paid directories / services are doomed is nothing more than people not understanding reality.

DownUnder, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    Ok i will "suggest" a better system

UV1=1234:TV1=3456 or UV3=4567:TV3=11234

and so on, UV = unique visitors TV = total visitors, the 1 or numer after this is the time frame ( more than 1 would equal an average ) and lastly the number associated with it.

Call it your UV rating who cares, but where this works from a business sense over and above others is this example.

Yesterday i seen a post " I have PRx , wow worth lots many people will pay big $ for this "

promoting a 3rd party number to gain $ then goes on to say " but i get no visitors "

so here we have some one who is saying my paper is printed with gold ink, so it is going to cost big bucks for you advertise in my publication.

the truth is nobody reads it, so as a business making a call where to spend my promotional money there is no value in it.

I may as well look for a good UV/TV site and could not care if its printed on toilet paper so long as it has visitors, i then can calculate my hit rate per 1000 visitors as an example, look at the costs involved and from that make a solid informed business decission in placing my ad and its value to my business.

DownUnder, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  3. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well posted Smub. I too would hope for a solution to your answers. I doubt we will ever get one.

mikey1090, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  4. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Downunder, i read your post, excellent and i agree, i dont want to take up extra room here quoting it but excellent information.

I agree with what discover is saying, britishguy and quite a few others were all for pr while they believed it would increase for them and suddenly its a taboo subject because they decide so.

I know this is not exclusive to the directory world, others did it in other businesses and still do.

Something else will be next in the future as changes continue and you can bet your money that again the same people here will be trying to suddenly say that something else doesn't matter.

pipes, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  5. DownUnder

Best Answers:
    Cheers Pies, all. The funny thing i sit here humming away to the radio ( boppin the blues playin ) and work on my site, and for it's a real passion and love.

I enjoy just tinkering away, look forward start listing sites soon and just want to be involved with like minded people who share the passion.

I don't expect a knitting club where we all nod heads and blow kisses up each others backsides, but i am also sick n tired of people who just seem to have no purpose other than to talk crap or cause trouble.

for im back bop boppin the blues.

DownUnder, Jan 15, 2008 IP