1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Markets Needs To Wake Up !

Discussion in 'Directories' started by britishguy, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Lexiseek

Lexiseek Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi, sorry you didn't understand my post. It was a statement followed by a question.

I asked why, exactly, directory owners would "work together" to assist others? This is a commercial enterprise. What's the reasoning behind it?

Lexiseek, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Therein lies the dichotomy but many such groups have been established with parity worldwide and worked collectively for the good of that body in its entirety

Thanks for the feedback Lexiseek well my belief on that one can best be highlighted by an American example Harley-Davidson is a global brand but the riders ride together on 'hogs' all over the world, that gives the brand kudos and recognition, its commercial but they support the brand

The Directory Market deserves and warrants similar global brand kudos and recognition

britishguy, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  3. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This isn't a political thing where you have democrats and republicans.

Are you saying that it is ''ok'' to start out corrupt?

an0n, Aug 13, 2007 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  4. britishguy

Best Answers:
    Never mentioned the word corrupt, never thought of the word corrupt, never mentioned politics, never thought of politics

BBB is not a corrupt or a political entity and many other similar bodies have no lien to corruption or politics

5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you gave mention to dichotomy, and that's like a fork in the road where two entities are divided.

we are speaking in terms of 'organization', and distinguishing characteristics/media in which to segregate and achieve by these determining factors(corruption, backstabbing, lying and the likes(summed up 'trust') are and should be considered). What better way to compare in terms of looking at an established organization? (democracy if you will)

an0n, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  6. britishguy

Best Answers:
    No I said therein lies the dichotomy in response to your excellent post, which raised the question of how to get unison, the terminology of words is just/or can be used for generic reference

If the generic word of unison is 'democracy' that will be fine I guess by all who want to see a body that fairly protects the interests of a group and the participants therein

A diverse group with different methodologies can always work together to enhance and promote the same main objective which in this case is the Directory Market

7. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, that's perfectly fine and I understand what you were meaning now.

Our posts are a great way to exemplify how things can and should be mutually agreed upon, and spoken about, to come to the medium where all is fair and understood :)

Now, the criteria for which would, should and could be used to determine things needs to be looked into further, now that we are on the same understanding.

an0n, Aug 13, 2007 IP
  8. britishguy

Best Answers:
    I am also very interested in these valued constructive inputs, trusting that more Directory Owners will express an interest too, as a balanced equilibrium would assist greatly in getting this off the ground :cool: