1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directory Indexing Directives

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Betty Rogers, Oct 21, 2019.

Hi,

I would like to do two things with my website.
    I use Directory Indexing in my site. all of it. yes, it's basically just folders of text/html files, and photos! (personal)

So, I would like Directory Indexing to START at second directory! The first directory after my site's documents root. (This is not imperative.)
    Second question, this is more imperative :)): I have one directory that it htaccess/htpasswd protected, thus that directory is hidden by apache *because it *contains a .htaccess file; I would apache to show/list that directory name, ie, there is a directory listing with multiple dirs listed, one of them cannot be seen because it is being hidden by apache because it contains an .htaccess file. I want the directory name to be visible -- you still need credentials to enter when clicked, but I want it shown.

Thank you to anyone who can solve these for me, by telling me what to add to my httpd.conf. :))

Betty Rogers, Oct 21, 2019 IP
  2. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand you want to see the file in Cpanel >> File Manager, for this, there is an option under Settings (in the right corner above) >> Tick on Show Hidden Files (dotfiles)
    if you are not referring to this, let me know the steps to replicate the issue at my end so I can check further

hostechsupport, Oct 30, 2019 IP