1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Directories to avoid / sites that Google recently banned..

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Ohene, Sep 7, 2007.

1. syted

syted Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see some directories in that list which I feel confident will retain value for my submissions. :)

syted, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  2. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

Exactly. if the OP took any time to read recent posts around here rather than a read an unconfirmed rumour on a social bookmarking site he may realise nobody has been penalised, nothing is official, even matt cutts never said anything like he has in the past.

mikey1090, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  3. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think i know where Ohene comments origanted from... Here

Take note on 2 examples that Dave E makes when he replies.. The Buddies "Theory" and the "Competition Ratt" :eek:

Im going to speak for myself when i say that i dont believe theres any conspiracies going on..

If matt and rand are friends then Great.. We all have friends

Im very certain that any true friend would never ask to penalize/ban an industry or specific few for personal vendettas..

I can honestly see to an extent where "certain links" would hurt the algo and not bring true results (not just directorie but everyone)
    and would sooner or later hurt results if a few are unwilling to comply to a few requests as he did in his "Paid links blog" and to say to all those
    playing games with "PR" that unless you deserve it and got it the right way dont try manipulating it as you may not get any
    more warnings in the future..

Now... im very certain a few have worn out the "Paid links" button in the dashboards at google

As with anything you will always have someone whom thinks they have been betrayed or cheated and Will seize the moment
    when its readily available to ellimanate competition and found the opportune time.... Such is life i suppose...

Will i keep submitting new and old sites to those in that list?

Off Course... they made a mistake and will be back ...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  4. Wealdie

Wealdie Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree - the google radar is now 100 feet off the ground - best lower yourselves from the 5 mile high club to below the radar - but gradually. Try the 12 step program.

Cannot fail

Wealdie, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  5. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yea,i think the OP is making a irresponsible post..i will not hesitate a second to submit my directories or any other sites of mine to those great directories he listed..( most of my sites are already there,btw :)

templates, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  6. funkymario

funkymario Notable Member

Best Answers:
    its really sad to see that some people here jump on the first occasion to ruin others business.. those directories are not banned, i run a web design company and have 2 clients with 100% organic links, they (we) never bought any links, and they dropped from the first page to nowhere in the serps, fluctuations or maybe penalities happens all the time, but they are not permanent, so please you wanna be careful before posting this kind of threads..

funkymario, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    xc06 likes this.
  7. 121603

121603 Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah fluctuations happen people. :p I once had a site where DP was ranking higher when searching by domain name (with TLD) and I wasn't on the first page of 100 results.. hehehe. :D

121603, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  8. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Its in thier nature...

havent you noticed its always the same few ranting and raving that the end off the world is coming and trying to make others see them for something they arent ??? im still trying to figure it out exactly why...

malcolm1, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  9. worldwide

worldwide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Utter nuisance!! Just Stop creating chaos, without having any proof in your hand. Seems some people are busy in getting attention and to increase their count up for posts. Giving reference from any Blog of anyone and giving judgment for any Directory is just disgusting, seems some people write just for the sake of writing. If any of the people who are busy in pointing out and blaming to the above mentioned directories, available here have any proof from GOOGLE ONLY, just come with it otherwise don't create havoc.

worldwide, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    aditya_sfs likes this.
  10. funkymario

Best Answers:
    Hi Malcolm, i dont know why but untill they experiment some success, those "few" will always try to stick their nose in others business.. (in any possible way)

11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Chris.
    One, the sites are not banned by or from google.
    To say that is just plain foolish, reckless, and idiotic!

Two, not even google knows what they are doing about directories, so to make assumptions and conclusions is out of line.

iowadawg, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  12. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Total bullshit ...... dont post anything without proof man

aditya_sfs, Sep 7, 2007 IP
    worldwide likes this.
  13. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    Spammers experiment..

You will notice that they flare attacks on the specific "Poor titled threads" on purpose so as to thwart any chance off seeking truth to any conversation and mostly come with opinions that have no merits just to keep the fuel burning as they love the attention they bring..

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  14. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am dead sure that he is an Google guy (Google Employee)

See all of his posts ....http://forums.digitalpoint.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=31214

Most of his posts are about Google

He would have signed up just days before Matt Cutts...

and in addition to it

he has a link to report paid links in his signature To subvert our attention he also has Google killer link in his signature!

I may be wrong but

This looks some what fishy to me...

Freewebspace, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  15. funkymario

Best Answers:
    exactly.. and the problem is that it's working, this kind of threads causes some reputation damages, maybe not with old members who knows some facts about the quality of those directories, but in the eyes of new DP members and even the average DP members...

people must have too much times on their hands.. and apparently some doesnt have bills to pay at the end of the month.. for them this is FUN, they dont realize that they are playing with others maybe "only" source of income, some people are living from their online business.. and its really sad to try to ruin them for "fun" and based on false statments..

IMHO the op owe a sincere opplogy to the owners of those directories. and should ask mods to close this thread. (this will do him a favor too because its only a question of time before he turns totally red:cool:)

16. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ive seen a few "new" members here that i suspect of being GG employees by there post..

templates, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  17. malcolm1

Best Answers:
    As for reputations...

I have witnessed a full blown attacks on aviva and alive and many others with no justifaction or reasoning other then for the false hopes off trying to tarnish thier reputations as editors and owners and will make the request that mods shut this thread down also as it serves no purpose...

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  18. funkymario

Best Answers:
    i second that, this is a personal attack which is not permitted by the rules of DP, i'll make a request too, right now.

19. Freewebspace

Freewebspace Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OFFTOPIC:

see this thread about Google by me!

The results of Google are easy to tamper with ,If any of the directory owners are interested PM me ,I will show you the evidence

Freewebspace, Sep 7, 2007 IP
  20. Valhalla

Valhalla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive removed adsense from my directory in protest even though this penalty has not effected me yet, I find it hard to believe that directorys of such high quality that google spider daily to get fresh quality content for there search engine could get what seems like a slap in the face for no apparent reason.

Shame on google for biting the hands that feed it

Valhalla, Sep 7, 2007 IP