Direct Track?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008.

I heard from a mate that Direct Track shaves. Is this true? Since I am with quite a few companies who use it like CPALead etc. and quite a bit of the time I barely make anything one day and then the next day I make heaps with the same amount of traffic.

Can anyone clarify?

R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  2. RichUser

RichUser Banned

Best Answers:
    Direct Track is a tracking system. They don't make any money of your leads. They don't have a reason to shave.

RichUser, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  3. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah but I heard from a mate that Direct Track has a function to shave or something. Did some research:

http://uberaffiliate.com/affiliate-networks/affiliate-marketing-is-dirty/

I mean.. Yesterday I made heaps from one offer on CPALead and today I made nothing from it

Also, I'm not just pointing my finger at CPALead, it's just one of the closest examples I can relate to.

R-ampage, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  4. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    I will agree that i do see massive fluctuations. And there HAS to be a delay in the lead processing. Because sometimes at the start of days i see leads converting at 125% :rolleyes:

Having said that i am unsure whether it is shaving or just delays. I mean they admit that direct track DID have an issue with delays in processing leads.

PeoplesArcade, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  5. Shaz07

Shaz07 Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of DT affiliates import leads, so they are not always Real-Time as they claim. Which is why sometimes you will see leads reporting late. I don't know if the shaving is any true, but the affiliates I work with I have a close relationship to so I know they wouldn't do that.

Shaz07, Oct 7, 2008 IP
    R-ampage likes this.
  6. PeoplesArcade

PeoplesArcade Banned

Best Answers:
    Just an update on what i see which may be similar to ramages. I had an offer yesterday. 60 clicks 9 leads. the day before i had similar. Today i get 34 clicks and 0 leads. Same amount of traffic to the site however.

But you would have to say that surely i should have got one lead. I can see it on other leads aswell. Its like just that ONE publisher is holding back its leads.

PeoplesArcade, Oct 7, 2008 IP
  7. R-ampage

R-ampage Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh really? Never knew that, thanks. What affiliate program are you with? My AM's never even talk to me :rolleyes:

R-ampage, Oct 8, 2008 IP
  8. www.buxincome.com

www.buxincome.com Guest

Best Answers:
    If anyone is shaving it is the CPA networks.

www.buxincome.com, Oct 8, 2008 IP