1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

digpagerank.com gone?

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by rhino56, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sabian1982

sabian1982 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Considering the amount of promotion (avatar icons etc.) it seems silly not to have the site up and running...

...whos the owner?

sabian1982, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  2. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    DNS issue is beyond my control.
    And its really silly that sometime old host contents are displayed though severity of this problem is going down with time.

I have noted on avg 100-120 visitors are displayed old host contents for backlinkwatch and this figure is high for digpagerank. Its really frustrating.

Mong, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  3. sabian1982

Best Answers:
    So i presume the dns issue relates to your domain provider? why not simply move domain providers, get the dns settings changed - then at least it will work... you're potentially losing visitors every single day!

4. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    I have changed dns settings couple of times.
    But it has not helped. :(

This is weired problem.

Mong, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  5. sabian1982

Best Answers:
    Have you contacted your domain registrar? what have they said?

6. lpstong

lpstong Notable Member

Best Answers:

Agreed. It is working here as well. Like stated they probably were updating or moving their site to another host and or server. Or their host and or server were down as well. Either way its up now.

lpstong, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  7. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Why i should contact domain registrar? When i have already changed DNS settings and i have access to my account.

This is not domain registrar issue.
    Its something on global servers or different ISP's cache problem or something other which i don't know.

Mong, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  8. sabian1982

Best Answers:
    See i would have thought that if it were a global issue then there would be the standard browser timeout/load message. What is getting shown (although working now) is a specific error page... hence indicating that problem is potentially hosting or registra related?

9. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Its not 'specific' error page.
    Actually it hits the previous host which then displays the message from old host that this site doesn't host there or this kind of message.

Problem is that why your browser goes to that 'old ip address' for retrieving the page it should go for the ip address which is directed by DNS settings at domain registrar and already there for 9 months.

Why it goes to old ip and where it is still cached??

DNS propagation usually takes few hours but in this case its more than 9 months. :confused:

Mong, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  10. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    The registrar has nothing to do with it. The new hosting has nothing to do with it. It's simply, somewhere, someone set a DNS update time to a VERY high number, so that some DNS servers do not propagate the information properly. I've never seen a DNS change take over 9 months unless the host sets the update time very high.

Some hosts do this, in the zone file that holds the information that is propagated, and update time is set. This can be set to a very high number, so once a DNS server gets that in their cache, they do not re-check it for a very long time. So some DNS servers are still pointing to netfirms.

Editing your hosts file will make it resolve correctly. It's not any local problem, just that the afflicted DNS servers are obeying what is probably a very long update time.

Mong,

Have you tried contacting netfirms and asking them what the hell is in the zone file?

nddb, Aug 15, 2007 IP
  11. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    ^^ I also think it some problem on old host.

No, i have not contacted them. But I'll contact them now and ask to assist in this issue.

Thanks for your input :)

Mong, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  12. Adbie.for.ever

Adbie.for.ever Peon

Best Answers:
    works perfect here

Adbie.for.ever, Aug 17, 2007 IP