1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DigitialPoint Taking SERPs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Help Desk, Sep 23, 2004.

People use signatures to boost their search results and inbound links. That part is obvious. The ironic part is when DigitalPoint's forums start ranking higher than your term in SERPs.

I'm not complaining, just trying to point out the humor. Does this happen to anybody else?

Help Desk, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  2. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not named any threads using my optimised keywords.. that would be plain silly since DP is obviously of higher ranking than my websites, plus it doesn't fit into my theme.

DarrenC, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  3. Harold

Harold Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes - I've seen the same thing.

When I first got started, I asked a lot of very specific questions using my key words and included my URL. Shortly afterwards I started to see my posts showing up in my SERPS and research.

I recently saw someone within this forum use a technique where the central name of their website was listed with a space in the middle and I believe without the .com. They specifically pointed this out so the readers would be able to find their site and mentioned they did this because they didn't want the post to push them further down the SERP.

Thanks

Harold, Sep 23, 2004 IP