1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DigitalPoint Sphinx

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by mecho, Aug 30, 2014.

Hi ,

we have sphinx installed on our server and we are using DigitalPoint sphinx addon on our vbulletin. server load is too high and datacenter says that only sphinx is the reason of this high load on our server.

i'm wondering if anyone can help me on this as i dont want to remove sphinx.

Regards

mecho, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  2. MrKlein

MrKlein Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you switch the search type over to Digital Point Sphinx from th default, built-in VB Search? Look here: AdminCP | Settings | Search Type

MrKlein, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  3. mecho

mecho Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah , of course i did that

mecho, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  4. manithan

manithan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    root@server [~]# /usr/local/bin/indexer --rotate --all Sphinx 2.2.7-id64-release (r4883)
    Copyright (c) 2001-2015, Andrew Aksyonoff
    Copyright (c) 2008-2015, Sphinx Technologies Inc (http://sphinxsearch.com)

using config file '/usr/local/etc/sphinx.conf'...
    WARNING: key 'charset_type' was permanently removed from Sphinx configuration. Refer to documentation for details.
    WARNING: key 'charset_type' was permanently removed from Sphinx configuration. Refer to documentation for details.
    ERROR: invalid section type 'Warning' in /usr/local/etc/sphinx.conf line 2408 col 8.
    ERROR: invalid section type 'Warning' in /usr/local/etc/sphinx.conf line 2408 col 1.
    FATAL: failed to parse config file '/usr/local/etc/sphinx.conf'

any solution ?

thanks in advance

manithan, Feb 25, 2015 IP