1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Web Developers Union

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spy100, Apr 3, 2020.

I noticed so many web developers selling their services for peanuts .
    I noticed some people selling their services for 0.5 usd , 1 usd , 2 dollars per hour and so on ... stop selling services like that ,to learn the skills to do what you do it takes time ,to do what you do it takes time ,creativity,stress and so on , and you don't even get a health insurance or pension as a freelancer.

Even a janitor makes more then you ,you can do what a janitor does but he can't do what you do .
    When you sell your service cheap people think that it is easy what you do.

I think the minimum we should ask is 20 usd / hour no matter what country you are in,if you ask less then that in 2020 you can't consider yourself a web developer. You are making your life worse and other web developers life's worse.

It's time we create are own union ,this topic can be consider our union .

i "your username here" as member of Digital Point Web developers Union (D.P.W.D.U.) pledge to help my fellow union members in time of need and that i will never sell my services bellow the union's minimum ,if i ask for less i should be shamed in this topic and not considered by other union members as a web developer.

If you want to join D.P.W.D.U make the same pledge as shown above and you will become a member of our union.

I will start first:

i spy100 as member of Digital Point Web developers Union (D.P.W.D.U.) pledge to help my fellow union members in time of need and that i will never sell my services bellow the union's minimum ,if i ask for less i should be shamed in this topic and not considered by other union members as a web developer.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    spy100, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah...nice idea but completely unworkable on a global platform. All that's going to happen is the third worlders will get all the work because they don't care if they work for peanuts and your "union" members won't get any, 2 dollars an hour is a good wage in some parts of the world...sadly.

malky66, Apr 3, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. spy100

spy100 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let them get all the contracts/work for 2 dollars / hour , i think not even the people that wants to hire web developers at that rate will want them to work for them as they know they will not get quality work . We should stop all work and find something else to do ,until people will figure out that paying a web developer 2 dollars / hour is not a good idea .

This is not a volume business ,or like in a factory...

spy100, Apr 3, 2020 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are buyers who base their purchasing decisions on value and those that buy on price alone. Depending on the situation, I can be either. In my day job where I am a sales and marketing executive for a technology company, quality, image, etc., are more important to me than the lowest cost vendor. I always prefer to pay more to get the job done right the first time and with the best results. At home, for my lawn, I want the cheapest service that will cut it weekly. Don't need a high-priced landscape artist, just a kid with a mower.

Your union organizing efforts would be more successful if you could find a way for you and your members to identify and engage with buyers who prefer quality over lowest cost for their website designs and implementations. Of course, you would then need to somehow certify that you and your members are indeed of the highest quality and provide the most value to their clients at that higher cost.

jrbiz, Apr 6, 2020 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  5. WritingPrices

WritingPrices Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a serious problem for anyone who provides services that people in any part of the world can perform online. Nonetheless, some clients still believe "you get what you pay for" and it's possible to earn higher rates if you can find ways to get in touch with these customers.

WritingPrices, Apr 6, 2020 IP