1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Forums Losing Charms::Thanks to New Mods

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by spiderroost, Jan 31, 2007.

1. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Shawn has previously stated here that dupe accounts have no room here! You wanna join the party? :confused: I would not recommend. ;)

maldives, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    saadahmed007 likes this.
  2. karl turnbull

karl turnbull Peon

Best Answers:
    WTF HAS BEING CLEVER OR INTELLIGENT GOT TO DO WITH BEING BANNED ,
    if they were that clever they woulds still be here, not everyone on dp is really clever and intelligant ( most come to learn ) and for every really clever and intelligent person that is banned , another 5 come along and join dp .

BANNED IS BANNED , even if you are clever

cheers karl

karl turnbull, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  3. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:
    Look Saad,

I appreciate ur love for DP. We all love DP(loved DP) and thats why I am fighting, or else I have other things to do where I can earn dollars in this time:cool:

Ok, I think I have made my point, so will not stretch this one again. I am stopping it here. I just hope I get the DP back which I loved.

If somebody else feels somewhere that I am true, do post , just don't be a spectator and leave away..

Spidey.

spiderroost, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    Ballz likes this.
  4. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thread is well said, I agree with this thread started.. the term being ":eek: ver Modding"

And yes, I know many will say.. if you have such a problem then don't post.. to that...

Yes, I post very less now days :D . I don't see any funny or witty posts. Place has gone too serious. :(

This is my opinion. Everyone's free to disagree. :p

Ballz, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    Ginene likes this.
  5. Perrow

Perrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say that any given month the average DP intelligence level increases rather than decreases thanks to bans, as does the MTBSP (Mean Time Between Stupid Posts).

Perrow, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  6. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good for you, you will be missed

Damn, that's a big loss to the community

ahkip, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    *Mayank* likes this.
  7. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ahkip, your sarcastic comments are just ignored. I guess some people just cant speak pleasant. Wonder what kind of rapo you have with people.

Ballz, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  8. AZhitman

AZhitman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hope by "clever and intelligent" you mean those of us who communicate accurately and without irritating grammatical errors.

I'll tell you like I tell the folks on my forum: The rules are clearly stated. You agreed to them. If you change your mind, no one's forcing you to be here. There are other forums.

Or, go create your own, and see what a PAIN it is to please all of the people, all of the time.

AZhitman, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  9. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    I think that is Just about " Spot On "

sundaybrew, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  10. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO this is a webmaster forum, general chat is just a side show. There were great members here 6 months ago and there are great members here today. Saying all the good members are gone is just silly. People come and people go - that's just the nature of forums.

If we unbanned all the banned people this forum would be a giant spam dump. When people are banned 99.9% of time it's for the greater good of the forum.

Or it shows that if they were a mod they may even consider it a bump, otherwise, why comment at all?

Use the new post button and start something interesting.

I'm one of the "new mods" and think I've banned one or two people - both of which deserved it. From what I've seen in my short time as a mod here the mod team is very permissive and tend to give people the benefit of the doubt until they push things too far.

Opinions will vary.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    dct likes this.
  11. Valrod

Valrod Peon

Best Answers:
    Cry me a freakin river. I haven't been on DP long, but already I see this forum is great.

Valrod, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you going to give us those examples?
    It's hard to audit the mods without them!

sarahk, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  13. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Comon man. How many threads like this have been started? If you dont like how this forum is ran then don't come here. Where not forcing you to be here. Im sorry that you feel that way, but thats just the way it is.

- Prilep :)

prilep, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  14. JeffC

JeffC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a internet forum. There are many like it, if you dont like this one, try another one.

When McDonalds started putting those tiny onions on there burgers, I didnt complain... I tried Wendy's.

JeffC, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  15. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Lol! Thats what i was trying to say, but thats a better way of saying it : ).

- Prilep :)

prilep, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  16. letsjoy

letsjoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes i,ll also say that

letsjoy, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  17. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    seems no one addressed the "why don't post in general chat" part of your...complaint? i'll do it:

when you post in general chat you tend to post useless things like "lol". or worse, if you post in P&R, you tend to attack other members just because everyone doesn't agree with anyone. and we're a community of learners, of teachers, and of sharers. fighting online is NOT what professionals do.

DP harsh? why a P&R section then? why not just completely dump the entire section (pretty useless section anyway) and ban anyone who talks about it? that would be harsher, isn't it? after all it's a webmaster forum. why have a P&R section? it's for people who insist on wanting to fight it out with other people. i think that's pretty liberal already.

DP harsh? why does anyone NEED to post "pm sent" at all?? if you sent a PM, you sent it. it appears in the User CP, in a popup window, and/or in email. how could anyone miss it? why the need to post that? contrary to what you claim, it is posts like this which degrade the quality of the forums.

DP harsh? then tell me, why haven't i gotten a SINGLE INFRACTION the one year+ that i've been here? never. do you know why? i try to stick by the rules. and "despite" that, i had a lot of fun here. i learnt a lot. if I, a college TEENAGER, can follow the rules, why not most others who complained about infractions?
    on the other hand, you can't expect people to keep mending you when you make mistakes. someday you gotta learn to do things right. infractions are DP's way of mending. so that statement of yours is already untrue.
    and i will say here that that's the problem with overly smart intelligent people; they tend to think of themselves as above the rules/everyone else.
    are you implying that all of us who remained are not clever? i don't mind if you are referring to me, but there's a good bunch of DP members here who are intelligent. (not including mods) aditya_sfs, saad, amitpatel, denise, all who have intelligence level beyond their typical age group. jennM, jason, and a whole host of others who are high-flying professionals in their fields. they don't deserve the tag "not clever". far from it. they have my utmost respect, as are many many others.
    i have greened many people because their posts are funny/witty, and i have received greens from people saying i posted funny things. it's just your sense of humor that is too limited.

devin, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    sarahk and jaybong like this.
  18. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Is suggestions & feedback the official forum for "I have a gripe" Is that really feedback?

lorien1973, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  19. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Great post... any chance you can quantify it? Lets hunt out these dumbass mods here!!! BTW IF I GET BANNED U PROVE MY POINT STUPID MODS

Shoemoney, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  20. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They have to be stict, a lot of people are making pointless post just to bring their post count up.

shahab6, Jan 31, 2007 IP