1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Forums Losing Charms::Thanks to New Mods

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by spiderroost, Jan 31, 2007.

If this thread gets closed OR if this ID gets banned then I am vindicated. If you feel you really wanna improve on then just take a patient hearing.

Look at the threads now Digital Point forum has in general chat or anywhere else compared to six months back. Where are those guys who pulled up the charm when they taught you things. Where did those all people go..

Believe me or not: They are banned. Banned for months and years many of my friends. Why? Bcos new mods feel they are better if they give more infractions and ban more people.

Try bringing back the old mods and unbanning all people you have banned and see what a change it will reflect in the overall look of the forum.

I have seen several posts footers saying ( Mods this is not a bump) that itself shows how fearfull members are at DP now.

Colleges should never be strict and DP is like a institute where we guys learn and have some fun. Creating strong rules will destroy the charm forever and i am mentioning this bcos I am seeing all boring threads nowadays.

Some people do tend to play more while doing business, but these things should be ignored, US is now where it is bcos its liberal, we don't want a non-liberal DP.

And to all those guys who are going to speak on behalf of DP...don't fear to speak the truth. Just speak what u really feel or expect a good fight if I am allowed.

Spidey.

spiderroost, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    soju, Ginene and inman like this.
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Show me 3 people who got banned that didn't deserve it and who got banned by the 'new mods'.

I'll tell you why you can't show me 3 because:

1. You don't know who banned them
    2. You don't know why they were banned

T0PS3O, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I assume he got banned 3 times previously when using 3 duplicate account. :eek:

TOPS: you can not make everyone happy. Keep it up!

maldives, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  4. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I don't know who banned them, but people who ban for posts like ' i am interested in the offer' - are new mods is anybodys guess.

They were banned for infractions accumlated due to so called - padding up post count..

Infractions: there is no definition for this one.. its everybodys will !!

Just wait for some days and you will get not THREE but TEN people who will support what I am saying...

And I am pretty sure, its not you :)

Spidey.

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    I rest my case. Keep guessing.

T0PS3O, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  6. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats what you think man if it wasant for the MODS DP will die because everyone will be scamming eachother and spamming all the forums and everyone will leave.

- Prilep :)

prilep, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  7. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    Hey You tell anything man But still DP ROCKS !!! I dont know about the Old mods but the new mods seems to give proper justice (for me atleast) .

Zerosleep, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  8. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:

I never said don't moderate. But there should be a given set of relaxed rules and every mod should not follow them on dotted lines...

They should have some patience.. You just can't fire everybody in your company for mistakes..you need to mend them...

DP was well moderated earlier too, thats why its has become famous, but now its getting too...harsh..

I am pretty sure about this..I think u guys need a meet together to sort this one out.. But my intention is clear and I have received lot of IM messages saying they have dumped DP altogether...and I will tell you these are the most clever guys on my IM list..

if you want to keep members who are not clever its ur choice...some clever guys do break rules..they should be pulled not dumped..

Spidey.

9. saadahmed007

saadahmed007 Admínistratör

Best Answers:
    DP Rocks! Just checkout Introduction section you will find out why there is need of infractions..Yesterday some spam bot started a introduction thread with this
    Please buy cheap cell phones here..
    Then a dp member instead of reporting thread replied
    Hi, Welcome to Digitalpoint..I hope you'll enjoy your stay here
    :rolleyes:

saadahmed007, Jan 31, 2007 IP
    maldives likes this.
  10. Zerosleep

Zerosleep Established User

Best Answers:
    OMG hahaha you seem to watch things very keenly man Did you report about the member ? I think that spam bot might be kept by DP only for Welcoming New Members I suppose not sure.

Zerosleep, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  11. jaybong

jaybong Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 4 suggestions

1. Read this: Infraction FAQ

2. Tell your friends to read it.

3. Stay out of general chat.

4. Tell your friends to stay out of general chat.

Mods are here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showgroups.php

(I think the new ones are DaveN, GuyFromChicago, rubeina, and Shoemoney)

jaybong, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  12. karl turnbull

karl turnbull Peon

Best Answers:
    :) i dont honestly think the mods ( or new mods ) are doing this sort of thing , if you get infractions you get them for a reason ( and the rules will show you what you can and cant do ) .

there are only 10 mods on this forum as far as i can see and that is surely a small amount for how many members are in this forum, and most of the time there may only be 1 or 2 mods online .

i am not kissing butt here when i say i think they do a good job because THEY DO DO A GOOD JOB .

i have infractions , and probs will get some more :D but you have to live with it , move on , and if you end up being banned from dp for reching the infractions point limit then TUFF SHIT , you have only yourself to blame

cheers karl

karl turnbull, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  13. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:
    It seems you replied without reading my thread too. So watch out may be you too get an infraction. I have mentioned that I am talking about good moderation. Spamming - I agree whoever does that should be banned.

But the guys who I know didn't post in intro - they posted in service threads and asked more info.. which is often regarded as bump by New Mods..

Just tell me one thing - Do you feel there is that kind of a charm in DP which was there months ago. Look at the threads and reply genuinely.

Spidey.

14. karl turnbull

karl turnbull Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most of peoples infractions come from replying to a thread when they did not need to .

thread starter = PM ME FOR MORE INFO
    REPLY = SENT YOU A PM - OR PLEASE PM ME THE INFO

there was no need for a reply in the thread :)

karl turnbull, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  15. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    Yep, i've read the whole thread.It is now necessary as there is too much spam what's the point of posting PM Sent!?Just read rules once again and if you follow them you will never get a single infraction :eek:..
    Edit: I know moderation was not tight before but it is now because there are too many spammers
    Zerosleep:Yep, i've reported..He is banned now :D
    Saad

16. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:
    I know that infractions FAQ, and thats where the real problem is: Its seems Mods have been given that list. And Majority are following it on a very strict line, whearas it should be taken as a general idea of how to go about..

I know some people are getting that resonable relaxation and that just shows that some Mods are just reasonably very good. I know not all people are alike, people will have different ways of arriving at a point.

I just want all of them to be reasonable enough and think whats in best interest of DP forums, instead of following rules on a dotted line. Earlier, reasonable thought was given to the members experience, quality of posts etc, now I don't see any such things..a rule applied strictly on the dotted line..

Why is no body commenting on why "Not to post in General Chat"

And why - the posts now are not that interesting as it use to be..

Spidey

17. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think they are running a fair system. Alot of people that dont belong here are getting kicked out, and stupid people with stupid remarks are being booted!

I like it!

mubin, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  18. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Spidey - A mod has already responded to your frustration. Yet you keep on posting the same again and again. :mad:

maldives, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  19. spiderroost

spiderroost Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I know. I have read that, not satisfied by reply. But few issues of mine were not at all addressed as: the one stated in my earlier thread.

Does banning also restrcit really clever and intelligent people too :) or you feel clever people always get back using a new ID, lol

Spidey.

20. saadahmed007

Best Answers:
    It is better if you contact them privately instead of creating a thread over here..
    Saad