1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point ads outgrowing AdSense

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by blogaboutnothin, May 25, 2011.

If you guys got AdSense account banned, then it is time to switch to Digital Point ads! All your low paying niche sites can now make more money.

For example, you can make 2 cents per click with your wallpaper and video game niche sites instead of 1 cent.

blogaboutnothin, May 25, 2011 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not likely... it doesn't work well with crappy sites. It doesn't bring advertisers to the site necessarily, it's a tool to sell ad space to existing advertisers you have. So if your site is terrible and doesn't already have people wanting to advertise on it, there is no reason to use it.

digitalpoint, May 25, 2011 IP
  3. blogaboutnothin

blogaboutnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    So would the site need to be like hmm.. lawyers, plastic surgery niche, etc.? I know those are super high paying niche for AdSense.

blogaboutnothin, May 25, 2011 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, the site would need to have people that already want to advertise on it. If your site doesn't have people that specifically want to advertise on YOUR site, it's completely pointless. It's a bidding system... the site owner sets the minimum bid, but if you have no one that wants to bid for space on your site to begin with... again... pointless.

Some advertisers pay more than $5/click using it here for competitive keywords... but we still have a minimum bid of $0.10 CPC for our site. Unpopular keywords that no one cares about would go for that. Popular ones (like "web hosting" for example) are far more expensive since advertisers are bidding against them for it.

digitalpoint, May 25, 2011 IP
  5. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can you define "crappy" and "terrible" in this context? Is it a matter of traffic, content, something else?

thesickearth, May 26, 2011 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I suppose in this context it would be a site that doesn't have advertisers wanting to advertise on the site specifically. :)

digitalpoint, May 26, 2011 IP
  7. Ashley Pearson

Ashley Pearson Active Member

Best Answers:
    So.. something about advertisers wanting to advertise on your site specifically? Hah, im kidding, just found it funny the amount of times you had to say it.

Either way, I am planning on giving it a go if I run into problems with AdSense. Its all okay at the moment, but its happened before for no apparent reason, so I am keeping digital point as an alternative, considering my site is growing fast and I should be able to gain some advertisers.

Ashley Pearson, May 27, 2011 IP
  8. TNL Nick

TNL Nick Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not really an AdSense alternative. You should use it in conjunction with AdSense or other ads. If you have a quality site of interest to advertisers, use the DigitalPoint code and put in other ad code as the backup. Then market your site and direct potential sponsors to DigitalPoint.

If you do sell ads to sponsors, DigitalPoint Ads can serve them intelligently, getting you the highest rate from among competing rates. If there are no sponsors, AdSense or another agency can serve its ads.

DigitalPoint Ads is closer to BuySellAds or Google's DoubleClick for Publishers than it is to AdSense. But I find it far easier to deal with.

TNL Nick, May 27, 2011 IP
  9. msk19994

msk19994 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To sum it all up i guess people who actually have a good amount or traffic and people who actually want to advertise on site can use digitalpoint ads and people who have low traffic and less advertisors willing to advertise then they arnt going to earn via digialpoint ads

msk19994, May 30, 2011 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Exactly... which is why the system itself has the ability to fall back to the site owner's AdSense ads (or anything else they want) when they have no advertisers to fill space. So worst case scenario (if they sold no ads through DP Ads) is they made exactly what they made previously with their old ads.

digitalpoint, May 30, 2011 IP
  11. linksalesmanager

linksalesmanager Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it work well on directory sites?

linksalesmanager, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Works on any site that you can put JavaScript on.

digitalpoint, Jun 2, 2011 IP