1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Point Ads legality question

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by Austech, Jan 17, 2013.

Just a quick question.....I am not currently using the Digital Point ad system (though am considering it) but I am using the Digital Point Vbulletin forum ad product with Adsense which is the same that is used on this forum.

I am currently using the adspace that inserts an advert inside the first post. I have had a member complain about the legality of it, claiming that an advert in the middle of a post could be seen as that member endorsing that product. He claims the google advert should be more clearly stated as an advert, obviously I wont touch it as its illegal to mess with Googles ad code.

I was just wondering if Shaun from DP could offer any insight to any potential legal issue with this and am wondering if there have been any previous complaints about this particular adblock. Even though I am only using it for guests, it appears to be working well and I dont really want to remove it. However I dont really want a complaint made to Google about it either so its a bit of a catch 22 situation at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Austech, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Best to ask Google on that. While it's certainly not illegal as far as breaking a law, it's best to check with them as far as if it's within their terms of service.

digitalpoint, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  3. Austech

Austech Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply.

Doesnt digitalpoint ads (not the vbulletin addon) use those same ad placement areas that the VBulletin addon uses ? I am presuming it does as I see ads on this forum inserted in to the first post.

As digitalpointads.com states you can use google ads and they will be shown if there is no private advertiser available, I would have thought that you perhaps would have looked in to whether Google approves of inserting ads in to the first post.

This creates 2 dilemnas for me, firstly because the I dont know if the VBulletin product actually breaches Googles rules in regards to ads within the post. The second issue, would be if I decide to use Digital Point ads (the network) amd I going to be breaching Google ads rules there as well ?

In all honesty, I would have thought this would have been already looked in to because anyone using the DP network or the DP Vbulletin addon could potentially lose their adsense account if Google dont agree with it. I have been considering DP ads for a month or so and the site states "ZERO RISK Use With AdSense

You can use Google AdSense (or any other ad system) to display ads any time there are no ads sold through Digital Point Ads for the page."

Austech, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There definitely is no conflict with using Digital Point Ads with AdSense... but for individual placement questions about AdSense, your most definitive answer obviously is going to come from Google. No one is going to be able to speak on their behalf if you have questions about AdSense placement.

digitalpoint, Jan 17, 2013 IP