1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

digital ocean VPS + 40 wordpress sites + 6 Magento sites + cpanel

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by lew1s666, May 12, 2015.

Hi,

I want to buy VPS for 10$ with cPanel & WHM VPS. I want to run Magento e-shop on that VPS.

The questions are:

1. Whats difference between cPanel & WHM VPS and cPanel & WHM Dedicated ???

2. If I buy Cpanel, I can create emails normally way in Cpanel?

3. Do I need to buy two VPS one for Magento and one for database???

I bit confused, coz people told me that database is better to run on separate VPS.

We have more sites on shared hosting (around 40 - all wordpress). and around 6 Magento website. What is the best way to sort this ?

1. All wordpress sites on one big VPS with one dedicated CPanel

2. All databases on one VPS?

3. Each Magento website on separate VPS with own Cpanel?

So for this I need 1 big VPS 30$ a month + 1 VPS 20$ a month for databases and for each Magento website 10$ VPS.

Can you navigate me if this is correct? Thank you

Mike

lew1s666, May 12, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will cost more than that. I think the cPanel license is something like $10 or $11 a month.

https://store.cpanel.net/help/

Email accounts, yes.

There will be latency involved in two servers communicating with each other. That is why most shared hosts (with the exception of GoDaddy years ago and perhaps now) have their databases on the same server as the web server. So no, I cannot say it would be better to run it on a separate VPS.

Yes. I think this would be best as long as the resources you have are sufficient to handle your traffic.

Your best option is to put all your websites and databases on one VPS.

You can get one big VPS and in WHM you can create separate cPanel accounts for each of your sites if you wish. Or you can continue using them as add-on domains.

I think you could do it all on one VPS.

billzo, May 12, 2015 IP
  3. lew1s666

lew1s666 Member

Best Answers:
    thanks

lew1s666, May 13, 2015 IP
  4. TheSHosting

TheSHosting Member

Best Answers:
    Please note that with DigitalOcean, you will get only 1 IP address / VPS. So you may find issues with SSL certificates, that you need for Magento stores.

TheSHosting, May 14, 2015 IP
  5. HostColor

HostColor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mike,

cPanel has 2 different control panel products. One of the is is cheaper and is created to run on virtual environments (in other words on VPS). You need that one. cPanel control panel lines will allow you to automate a number of tasks and account management. As far as for the number of the VPS you'd buy, I would suggest you to start with one VPS and if you need add second to do it when you need one.

You should be able to host all WordPress websites in one VPs account and to manage them with cPanel as long as you have enough resources on the VPS.

The databases will be hosted on the same VPS including all Magento based websites. You will be able to create separate Virtual Hosting Accounts (Shared Hosting accounts) for each domain based website.

I guess that a budget of $50 will be good enough to get a stable VPS with enough resources to start. It is very important to run well optimized installations of WordPress and Magento however. Otherwise, even one of them would use all the resources of the virtual server.

HostColor, May 16, 2015 IP
  6. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cPanel license is your budget alone. I think you need to reconsider what you're thinking. But for a managed VPS for around $50 you could get that with a host like WiredTree.

SlimCharles47, May 22, 2015 IP