1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digital Advertising

Discussion in 'General Business' started by reesejm, Sep 9, 2019.

Hi, I'm currently going through college for a Master In Business Administration while taking other digital marketing classes offered by the school. I've talked to quite a few other digital marketers that I've met some online, some in person. Many said to get Google and Bing certifications. I have a Bing Accredited professional and working on Google Adsense and Analytics. The people I've talked to said to begin in an advertising agency and work your way up to contracting for small-medium sized companies. Where would I find an advertising agency to apply for with no previous work background in Advertising, but I do have some in computers. Thanks.

reesejm, Sep 9, 2019 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You do not list where you live, so my comments may not be relevant. However, in the U.S., I would advise searching for advertising agency jobs on linkedin.com, indeed.com, and glassdoor.com. These three job sites seem to be the most used these days and should cover most of the opportunities out there. Be sure that you have an up-to-date and compelling resume and linkedin profile (be sure that they match exactly, as the first thing many hiring managers do is look at your resume and then go to your linkedin profile to confirm.)

Your school should also be helping you to network and find opportunities in your local area. I sit on an advisory Board for a major Boston university's MBA program and they have extensive resources for helping their students get internships and other networking opportunities at a wide range of companies, including agencies.

Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

jrbiz, Sep 10, 2019 IP
  3. Elisa Martin

Elisa Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    You can apply for internship training in the companies which deal with digital marketing. Most of the companies offer internships and then job offer letter after successfully completing your interns. You should make a strong profile on LinkedIn so that, companies can reach you.

Elisa Martin, Sep 10, 2019 IP
  4. reesejm

reesejm Peon

Best Answers:
    To answer both, I live in the US. Im currently attending community college for a transfer degree.

I have made a LinkedIn with my certification, school, I'm attending with the degree and a face profile picture. If you know any companies that are looking for internships (Or where to find them) please do let me know. Traveling would be hard. But I have high-speed internet.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2019
    reesejm, Sep 11, 2019 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do a search for local advertising and/or marketing agencies in your area. I would then reach out to their CEO (these are usually very small companies) and offer your services as an intern for six months while you continue to attend classes, etc. Some of these agencies will be interested in free help and working for them will get you the experience you will want on your resume.

jrbiz, Sep 12, 2019 IP
  6. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why would an agency hire you with no experience in digital marketing? They won't. Your best bet is to start with a job that relates to digital marketing and work your way up. Often you can advance with a company and take on additional responsibility which will give you real world experience to become more attractive in the market place.

Right now you are useless to a digital marketing agency. They have more than enough of qualified applicants who are willing to work all over the salary range begging for a job. Why would they hire a guy with no experience? Why would their client seek their services if their services are provided by a person with zero experience in the contracted field?

NetStar, Sep 12, 2019 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My kids are university aged, they and their friends are doing a variety of degrees. All seem to heavily promote both exchange programs with other universities, and work experience. You're doing an MBA without a lot of work experience which surprises me, the entry requirements down here require solid experience and a position in a company that allows ongoing involvement.

I recommend finding the liasion office and getting them to find you agencies that want to be involved. Even if it's not a dream role it gets your foot in the door and gets lines on your CV.

sarahk, Sep 12, 2019 IP