1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

digg users trend

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by bamb0lin, Jan 26, 2006.

Does digg users have the trend to become members in forums? buy any items? Or do they just visit your website and that's it?

bamb0lin, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  2. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    General rule:
    Digg traffic is all but worthless.

General Exception:
    There are always exceptions of course. The most I've ever seen in AdSense revenue increases was $16 for the day. Sad, yes. But that same digg got me to the #1 spot on the big 3 for the key phrase, and increased that pages PR from 0 to 5.

So it depends on what you're after.

Greg-J, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  3. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some users say it was great, and another says that it was just hit and run. I guess it really depends on your site...

Coupons, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  4. Moneyfolk

Moneyfolk Peon

Best Answers:
    I posted an article and got some hits to my page but no clicks. I'm not sure where their traffic comes from. Is it mainly from webmasters?

If it's mainly webmasters then that would probably account for the infrequent clicks but if it was from people who are interested in that topic then I think there would be more clicks.

Moneyfolk, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    It's good long term for rankings because lots of people will link to it. But directly the digg users do not click ads or register for stuff.

mdvaldosta, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  6. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    But if everyone is so worried about getting money from those visitors, why don't you put some cpm ads when you are getting that traffic? You just need to have the html prepared... and to be part of any agency that really pays good cpm...

Coupons, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  7. bamb0lin

bamb0lin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont want to earn money from the visitors. I want to earn links. Links will then bring money in the long run! :)

bamb0lin, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  8. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it's for link building, then it may be good, with some members posting on their blogs.
    But it it's for clicking on ads, and registering stuff, and if that doesn't work, you can always have a temporary plan b: cpm ads. But from a good agency, one that you know that doesn't pay some cents per cpm...

Coupons, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  9. DuncanM

DuncanM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I visit Digg at least once a day, and have found it to be a great source of information. I have learned of the latest news, cool new websites, hard-to-find resources, etc. But I never click on AdSense ads--on any site. Not sure why. I guess I am one of those users who see the Internet as a convenient source of information, but I still rarely go there when I plan to purchase anything.

DuncanM, Jan 27, 2006 IP