1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg Search

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Thiagoo, Nov 22, 2006.

Well i don't know if there is many people likes digg and uses it. I'm getting 10 unique visitors a day just from the search. And people usually digg my history everytime they visit my website. Is it good if i send all my website content on DIGG to get advantage on search?

Thiagoo, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  2. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digg is not something you should bother to worry about, most traffic from digg do not convert to sales.

windtalker, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  3. georgechristodoulou

georgechristodoulou Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Why not, do you have proof of why they do not work.
    I have never used social bookmarking sites for traffic but I thought I would when I started a blog or something and had time...

georgechristodoulou, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  4. Crazy4Bass

Crazy4Bass Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my experience with search engine indexing and such, the more active a site the more frequently it will be indexed. Digg is a good way to at least get traffic, that is if you have something worth sharing. I've experimented with Digg but have come to the conclusion that unless your really targeting something they want to read, then you might get a quick hit but they won't come back.

Crazy4Bass, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  5. zeroboss

zeroboss Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm with Crazy4bass. Also, sending all of your stuff to Digg is a bad idea, as you'll quickly get branded a spammer.

Digg and Reddit are good for gambling on winning a "big hit" of traffic. But the question is, how many users stick around after the big hit dies off? I've had more luck retaining users and building RSS subscribers from Google surges than I've ever had from a social bookmarking surge.

zeroboss, Nov 22, 2006 IP
  6. windtalker

windtalker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have not saved any evidence. I am just saying from my experience that digg traffic does not convert very well to sales. I had urls that ranked high on digg news before, but the traffic was mostly just people who wanted to look at the page and leave. So it was a waste of my bandwith in my opinion.

windtalker, Nov 22, 2006 IP