1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

digg Help !!!!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by crunkjelly, Nov 5, 2008.

I have no Idea how Digg works as far getting traffic. I Submit all my new sites to digg and I run Google Analytics on all my sites. Some are getting steady traffic from Digg but some don't what gives ?

And what is a shout ? I keep getting those too....Help !

crunkjelly, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  2. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:

Digg will only give you good traffic if you provide top notch viral content, otherwise it is just a backlink and a poor one at that.

Gallito, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  3. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go to digg, and search for your niche (keyword), if you see low amount of results, change the filtering to be without title. then for each url, if it didn't passed the 50-100 mark of comments (if you don't see such message saying 'go to the next.. comments' then it's good), copy past it into notepad. with the urls you just filtered and added to notepad, copy past them into a mass pagerank checking tool, then pick the highest pr url and comment on it and leave your site's url in the comment. true that you can't have anchor texts, but still. After you have done so, download a tool called Rank Checker by seobook.com, it's an addon for firefox. enter 'digg.com' into the website url, and enter your keyword in it as well, gather as much as related keywords you have and associate them with digg.com, hit run. then export it to .csv, after you done so, pick the 0-50 possition ranking for digg for the keywords, take those urls that are ranked and check if commenting is possible on them (there should be no message as 'go to the next..50 comments' otherwise commenting will be useless) and comment. try not to comment too much, i would say 3-4 pages are fine. now you have link juice :)

oh, getting direct traffic from digg, usually most of the time it wont work, but you can try, it's better to use it as link juice ..

wounded1987, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  4. coloriteman

coloriteman Peon

Best Answers:
    @wounded1987 thanks you expalined very well

coloriteman, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  5. seo999

seo999 Banned

Best Answers:
    i have agree with wounded1987

seo999, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  6. SydneyWhite

SydneyWhite Peon

Best Answers:
    don't submit too much link to digg, it will ban that domain and your account as well. Digg is good place for dofollow backlink and viral marketing if you have viral content.

SydneyWhite, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  7. ErikJ

ErikJ Peon

Best Answers:
    also submit other people stuff as well once in awhile as this helps to keep your self looking like a spammer

and wounded 1987 thanks for the detailed explanation it helps

ErikJ, Nov 5, 2008 IP
  8. dealnshop

dealnshop Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks wounded 1987 for the explanation, i will try this too.

dealnshop, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  9. Highway Five

Highway Five Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks well explained. I am always looking for places to put niche back links. Have had some success with Digg and do add other sites I like that aren't one's I am seoing to ensure I am not spamming it....

Thanks again for the tips

Highway Five, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  10. nshahidch

nshahidch Peon

Best Answers:
    I psot on digg...
    Where it goes ...

I didn't find it any where...
    My posting is My posting
    How much time it will take it ot show on the first page or atlease in search...

nshahidch, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  11. Willy921

Willy921 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wounded1987 - Thanks for the step by step.

Just to confirm your approach: You're suggesting placing genre-specific comments on higher-value sites using two techniques:

#1 Front Door - Identify posts starting with most Diggs
    #2 Back Door - Identify posts starting with Rank Checker

Lastly, posts with 50+ comments are of lesser value because the value is diluted.

I look forward to giving this a try. It looks promising.

Thanks again.

Willy921, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  12. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, identify posts that their URL has something to do with your niche, those urls are of high strength, and then comment on them. Those urls might not rank for your keyword, but still they are related somehow because of the search you did to find them and good related content along side with a back link is always good thing. When you see a message of 'continue to.. comments' then it means that the comments beyond the first ones that you are able to see, couldn't be crawled by search engines, because SE can't access them, it's restricted access for them. and even when you look at cach page you wont be able to see far beyond the first 50-80 comments.

@nshahidch, it's good to see something being digged, but you also need to make sure this digg of yours will be cralwed by SE. that's why we check for pagerank for our list, to exclude urls of diggs that has 0 PR or those that are not crawled by SE.
    many diggs came each day and not many got indexed.

wounded1987, Nov 6, 2008 IP
  13. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need a lot of friends in Digg.com, they can help you to digg your story in order make your story be on the frontpage. Your site will get insane traffic!!

himanuzo, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  14. Willy921

Willy921 Peon

Best Answers:
    @Wounded1987 - Thanks, I understood your point, but I think I was unclear. Furthermore, I appreciate your explanation of the 'continue to.. comments' component, I didn't understand that fully.

Willy921, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  15. whirlybird20

whirlybird20 Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of the above. You can't just submit your site to digg and expect 1000 hits overnight.

If you want the magic formula to quick, yet rather high quality traffic here it is:

1. Make a site with a good design and quality content.
    2. Get twitter.
    3. Customise your background, add your link to the "web" section, and post a few tweets.
    4. Follow some people and I mean LOTS of people.
    5. Don't just tweet what ever you happen to be doing at the time. Tweet about useful stuff.
    6. If your site is a blog then announce each post on twitter.
    7. Unfollow those that don't follow you back within a few days.
    8. Follow More...

Twitter sends me thousands of hits. It is the biggest provider of traffic to my site. I now have over 2000 followers.

Update: BTW if you follow me (@JoelDrapper), I will follow you back.

whirlybird20, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  16. rambojustrambo

rambojustrambo Banned

Best Answers:
    same happens with me, guess if the right people see it with the right friends it just gets passed around!

try and submit more catchy stuff (i.e. aimed to go viral) and see how it goes. may cost more, but will be worth it in returns!

rambojustrambo, Nov 7, 2008 IP
  17. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should gather a lot of friends on digg. This is the only way to fully use them. announce your post to your friends every time you make one.

Chancey, Nov 7, 2008 IP