1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg, Ezine - When Dhow in Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by jj1, Mar 17, 2009.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Digg and other social sites to show up in backlinks? I started creating diggs 6-7 weeks ago now and have also used other social sites (eg mixx, furl, propeller, mylinkvault). So far, only mixx has shown up on any backlinks to any of my sites.:(

I have a similar question about ezines - how long before they show up? Do you have to link back to your ezine article with social sites etc for Google to crawl it or will G crawl it anyway in its own time?

jj1, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  2. Mickle Deng

Mickle Deng Peon

Best Answers:
    Different social sites have different weight!

The most weight site can let your backlinks be valid after 2 days,but other cannot!

Mickle Deng, Mar 17, 2009 IP
  3. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know how quickly digg and ezines show in backlinks? Do I need to bookmark ezines in order to get them indexed by Google or will they show up anyway

jj1, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  4. Recruitment Nick

Recruitment Nick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you're talking about EZA (and most ezine sites) they will automatically get put into google because of the power that the sites have.

But backlinking to your article will help its PR (and therefore the google love it passes on) and it will help it rise in the rankings, which is vital for bringing in traffic.

So whilst you dont need to social bookmark, any extra traffic or dofollow links you use will be of benefit

Recruitment Nick, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. srianto

srianto Peon

Best Answers:
    Try submit to folkd, I get fast backlink from it. For various tag I get PR2 and PR3 backlink.

srianto, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  6. GerBot

GerBot Peon

Best Answers:
    totally depends on how visible your link is in Digg.

Written once and dug once may never show up.
    Getting a 100 diggs from well connected seasoned diggers you'll see the impact within 24 hours.

GerBot, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  7. greg22

greg22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Different social sites have different weight!totally depends on how visible your link is in Digg.

greg22, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  8. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My Diggs - submitted 6-9 weeks ago now - show up in Google if I put the text I used for them inside quotes but they don't show up on any backlinks anywhere.

Is Digg useless for backlinks unless you get 100s of Diggs? Does anyone have any experience of submitted Diggs without lots of other Diggs and still getting backlinks?

jj1, Mar 24, 2009 IP