1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Digg Circle

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by praetorian guardian, Aug 24, 2006.

Most of you will know that digg.com is a social bookmarking page with an emphasis on technology and science articles. News stories and websites are submitted by users, and then promoted to the front page through a user-based vote.

Getting a high vote on digg is a powerful marketing and traffic driving tool, however it is very difficult to get to the front page of digg. I am setting up a digg circle of like minded friends who will vote for one another’s articles to give them that initial boost they need to attain notoriety.

The articles of course will still have to be digg worthy as to attain the front page requires several hundred votes and my digg circle is unlikely to attain that size.

Please PM me if your interested in joining.

praetorian guardian, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    There was already a mass of people who were banned from digg for helping each other out, some of them had not done anything other than post on a thread in a part of the forum and they were out before they knew it.

Digg is super quick about banning people with stuff like this.

pipes, Aug 24, 2006 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  3. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it is join too easy to find out...even no link in public

ahkip, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  4. weaz

weaz Peon

Best Answers:
    The first rule of Digg circles is not to talk about Digg circles.

Honestly, I think around 80% of stuff on the front page got there that way, but they don't want anyone talking about it.

weaz, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  5. praetorian guardian

praetorian guardian Guest

Best Answers:
    maybe even more than 80% these days, which is sad because i used to love digg. But if you look at who is digging what the majority of frontpage articles have been digged by dig virgins with 0 voting history. Very supscious.

praetorian guardian, Aug 24, 2006 IP
  6. weaz

weaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I also started adding some friends to follow people's activity. I've noticed that there are a lot of people who can pretty much count on 30-40 diggs for every link they post from the same people.

weaz, Aug 24, 2006 IP