1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different website in google cache

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by arrisweb, May 17, 2016.

Hi,

after reviewing one website I noticed it is different website in google cache. This website shows only 2 pages (including homepage) inb google, but with different titles and description.
    I submitted on GWT a homepage using fetch and render option.

Do you have any ideas what is happend and how to fix it?

arrisweb, May 17, 2016 IP
  2. Mangesh Thakur

Mangesh Thakur Member

Best Answers:
    sometime google bot take time to cache, But If you make social bookmarking then that will fast by google cache

Mangesh Thakur, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  3. Suraj Anjaana

Suraj Anjaana Banned

Best Answers:
    Are you uploading your website to newly purchased domain? May be website was running with different pages in past and now you upload your own? And google taking time to index your site.
    It would be better use google webmasters tools to ping google about your update and cache. You can link your site to those website also which crawled more frequently than other like Social bookmarking sites, Social networking sites etc.

Suraj Anjaana, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  4. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I have experianced this the past week or so with some new domains I have for a PBN test, it took a fair few days for Google to update its cache for the new content but it got there. I think it took around 5 days.

shaun-m, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can take Google awhile to update things.

danasurvey, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  6. miguel84

miguel84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are mentioning 2 different thins: google cached pages and google results.

It will take time until google updates both. Even if you submit the page and force crawl.

Also keep in mind that, for instance, you modify title and description of page, you will see the old and new meta for different searches. It just happened with our company where you modified more that 50% of title and description, and it's already ranking on SERPs the new meta for new keywords, but old meta still shows for previous keywords. So, it takes time depending on the relevance and authority of your page.

miguel84, Jun 16, 2016 IP
  7. Suraj Anjaana

Suraj Anjaana Banned

Best Answers:
    Its not sure that google will take around 5 days to update cache. Sometime after one month you will seen nothing and sometimes you can see within 24 hours only. Its completely depend of source of links means where your links are? There are many website or platform in which if you will put your site link then after few hours hardly your site will be crawled by bots.

Suraj Anjaana, Jun 17, 2016 IP
  8. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, this not new website. It is aged domain registered in 2001. It was cached properly, then I seen 2 different website in cache, now it is back to normal proper cache.

arrisweb, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  9. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its because you have submitted & rendered your website though its taken 12 hour .

Furquan Ahmed, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  10. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No! It is because someone on my shared hosting using https.
    Reply from hosting provider: "The reason another site is showing is due to SNI. If a site on one IP is using HTTPS, it will show for for any site not using HTTPS as a result of SNI that are also using that IP. There is another site on the same IP as yours and that is why Google cache is showing it."

arrisweb, Jun 26, 2016 IP
  11. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    I have heard it can take a month but the longest I have seen it take is 5 days as I said.

shaun-m, Jun 27, 2016 IP