1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different sites hosted on the same IP

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mvhs, Feb 25, 2006.

Hi, I have a resellers account with a few websites hosted on the same IP address. I've been hearing google penalizes, or does not count sites that link with each other on the same IP.

What if I have one of my site's link on someone else's site (which has a different IP), and I link my other site with the same person's site? Will Google still count this?

Thanks.

mvhs, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  2. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Who knows for sure? Probably will but there may be less weight applied to same IP links.

My advice to you is not to get yourself bogged down in micro-details like this. If you think you should link to the site, then link to it.

Avoid heavy cross-linking between your own sites. A few links where appropriate is far better than site-wide interlinking.

mcfox, Feb 25, 2006 IP
  3. kausik

kausik Active Member

Best Answers:
    google counts all links, but if you interlink too many sites then those links will have fewer value. But you'll not get penalized for sure. Why don't you buy dedicated ip for your important domains it's just $2/mo.

kausik, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  4. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    try to go for different c-class ip's, if you are doing some cross-linking which may raise some flags with google.

else if you are linking for the benefit of your visitors, go ahead and you'll be fine :)

onedollar, Feb 26, 2006 IP
  5. Brad Callen

Brad Callen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep if you have big sites, best to order another ip for them.

However I have lots of smaller sites on the same ip and dont have any issues.

I also do not do large interlinking. If you have a big network of sites on similar ip's and link them extensively. Expect trouble.

Brad

Brad Callen, Feb 26, 2006 IP