1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different Keywords for diff pages?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by amitpatel_3001, Jan 3, 2006.

I have a site with 3000+ pages.
    What i have done is i have kept same keywords for each page.
    For better SEO is it required to change every page's Keyword related to that page's content?

How to get better ranking through Keywords.
    Same keywords in all pages
    or Keywords based on content in each page.

amitpatel_3001, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  2. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    meta keywords aren't even looked at anymore in the major engines, but yea when they were or if you want to use them, you want them to match they keywords the page is targetting. Just like the title and description, you want different ones on each page.

mdvaldosta, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  3. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    However if all your meta tags are identical you may find most of your pages are supplemental if they are even indexed at all.

It is always much better to make each page as unique as possible, including all the meta tags

yfs1, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  4. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Forget the meta keyword tag.

Each of your articles should focus on a single keyphrase. Use that keyphrase as the first words of your HTML page title. Also use it as the first words in the meta description. Also use it in the main title of your content and wrap it in an H1 or H2 tag. Make sure every paragraph (unless you have only 2-sentence paragraphs) contains the keyphrase. Use the keyphrase in the ALT tag of at least one graphic on the page. Make sure that text links to the article from other pages on your site include the keyphrase. This is basic SEO, no secrets here.

ahearn, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    google is not too much about keyword density and some other old seo things, it's mostly about authority and trustable sites.
    Just make sure you have the keyword in your page and concentrate on building good links :)

DomainMagnate, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  6. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    Iam using Sitemap's and all the Pages are Indexed.
    Though the Site is a Month old and a PR0
    The Future PR is 4.
    But i think due to the same Keywords in Each Page there is no traffic from Google. :(

amitpatel_3001, Jan 3, 2006 IP
  7. ahearn

ahearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe I wasn't clear on the point that each page should have a different keyphrase. Don't use the same keyphrase on every page.

To get traffic from Google will take some time. Google will have to index you, your link has to appear in search results, people have to click on the links, your pages have to be "sticky" in that people will spend time on your site before they go back to Google, and you have to attract some backlinks.

ahearn, Jan 3, 2006 IP