1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Different between Black Hat and White Hat SEO techniques?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by design2host, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhunter1212

bhunter1212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I honestly don't see a difference in the two, mainly because I see google itself as a black hat search engine. why? lets look at the definitions:

white hat- adding content on your site with no intention on trying to beat the system(no SEO, none of that, just content related to your topic.)

black hat- adding content to beat the system and make money as fast as possible, often resulting in getting you banned/removed from programs and services( too many backlinks too fast(or spam), not following adsense guidelines,etc.)

I know many dont want to accept the term "grey hat", but believe it or not, if you aren't following the definitions above, more than likely you are right in between, or the grey zone which pretty much is not breaking any rules, but finding loopholes to help with traffic.

And that's why I see Google as black hat, or at least "grey hat". there's a reason they are more popular than other search engines.

Get's you thinking a bit huh? lol

B.Hunter

bhunter1212, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  2. NEFTALI

NEFTALI Peon

Best Answers:
    Well since it's essentially Googles Sandbox we're playing in then what you said stands to reason:

So call it
    Blackhat = what Google doesn't want you to do to achieve ranking in their index
    Whitehat = what Google will let you do to achieve ranking in their index (that is until they change their minds, then we must take our medicine)

NEFTALI, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  3. bhunter1212

bhunter1212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yep you pretty much summed it up. I personally could care less about google or their rules, but I also don't like going too deep into the black hat realm because I put effort in every site I build. And if they were to ever try to get rid of one of my sites i put a lot of effort in I would go so black hat on them I would probably end up in the news lol.

I would say its best to learn a little about both types though and combine ideas to make it a legit effort. Not only that but any method you create that is successful you can make into a product and claim as your own.

Every Black hat method ive ever seen just needed a little tweaking to become "grey" or white hat to google.

And its ways to get out the sandbox too in case that ever happens.

B.Hunter

bhunter1212, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  4. totaledge

totaledge Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically using automated tools to make spam posts on forums and blogs to get some quick backlinks. Search engines normally catch these quiet easily nowadays.

totaledge, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  5. musichangout.com

musichangout.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat methods are illegal and spam stuff, where as white hat methods are legal .

musichangout.com, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  6. veryshant12

veryshant12 Peon

Best Answers:
    When efforts of SEO professionals while optimizing a websites confirms to that of search engines, the process is called white hat SEO. On the other hand, black hat SEO comprises techniques that are deceptive nature and aim at instant increase in ranking of a website. White hat SEO technique comprises of informative content creation, targeting competitive keywords, making the website search engine and user-friendly etc. Along with the above, SEO professionals performing white hat SEO go for link building popularity, social bookmarking and blogging.

Common Black Hat techniques are spamdexing, link harvesting and keyword stuffing. SEOs performing this activity use hidden text (either as text coloured similar to the background or in an invisible positioned off screen) to mislead search engines. Cloaking is another popular Black Hat technique. This application gives a different page result when a page is being requested by a human visitor or a search engine.

veryshant12, Feb 5, 2011 IP
  7. waqarhassan42

waqarhassan42 Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat techniques are spaming and as a result your site blacklist in google and other search engines., not waste time for black hat process only hard working on white hat techniques if you want that your site be first in search engines.

waqarhassan42, Feb 6, 2011 IP
  8. mxicoders

mxicoders Guest

Best Answers:
    White hat seo is simply what we do for getting ranked in search engines in organic or natural ways and black hat seo is the process to mislead search engines by different techniques. Its generally not recommended to do.

mxicoders, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  9. luckyluck

luckyluck Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I think back hat using more tool to spam in SEO

luckyluck, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  10. trishan

trishan Peon

Best Answers:
    As people have said - if what you're doing feels like you're spamming then it's black hat SEO. If you are doing something primarily for search engine rankings in ingnorance of your users then the aim of search engines has failed.

trishan, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  11. dril

dril Active Member

Best Answers:
    All seo methods which google allows, come under white hat seo and which disallows, are under white hat seo. You should google for it for a detailed answer:)

dril, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  12. girish sharma

girish sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Friends

I want to know the difference between Black Hat seo & White Hat seo ?

girish sharma, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  13. Tessa_86

Tessa_86 Peon

Best Answers:
    The black hat mentality isn’t just about getting good SERP ranking. It is always unethic and about doing whatever you can to drive revenue via your website. That could mean getting temporary rankings in Google. If your site is found to have black hat SEO, it will be severely penalized by if not completely removed from SERP of major search engines. whereas white hat techniques end up in the form of a lot of traffic and higher profits take anywhere from 3 months to a year. Eventhough it takes some time to accomplish, we can able to get the stable result through white hat techniques.

Tessa_86, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  14. sarahbrooks

sarahbrooks Peon

Best Answers:
    Whitehat and blackhat SEO (Search Engine Optimization) are two different (and normally opposing) views of how to do search engine optimization. Whitehats are those website designers that "play nice" and try to follow all of the search engine guidelines to optimize their site. Blackhats are where website designers use backdoors, cloaking, and other tricks to optimize sites.

sarahbrooks, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  15. Jon Potts

Jon Potts Peon

Best Answers:
    why dont people ever ask about gray hat hahaha

Jon Potts, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  16. The America News

The America News Peon

Best Answers:
    Is There Really Gray Hat SEO?

The America News, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  17. alishadas

alishadas Peon

Best Answers:
    Ethical way to do SEO activities is called white hat and unethical way like backdoor, cloaking etc.
    You can get high SERP through black hat technique but not stable one. there is chance of penalize but whit hat techniques are very useful and based on according to search engines guide lines. which has more benefits in long terms.

alishadas, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  18. dheeraj.prakash1

dheeraj.prakash1 Member

Best Answers:
    White Hat SEO Techniques are ethical whereas Black Hat Techniques are not!
    Black Hat SEO Techniques are probably illegal, and that there is a slight chance that White Hat techniques are illegal too!

dheeraj.prakash1, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  19. sellmalaysia

sellmalaysia Peon

Best Answers:
    as no ethic defined in the online world so we simply assume i some practices ethical and few non ethical, for some one a technique come under white hat may be a technique of black hat for some one other.

sellmalaysia, Jun 7, 2011 IP
  20. findyourartschool

findyourartschool Peon

Best Answers:
    White Hat SEO means the ethical ways to promote the site which conforms to the search engine's guidelines like on page optimization, original content etc.

While Black Hat SEO means the unethical ways to get higher ranks like buying paid links, using duplicate content etc.

findyourartschool, Jun 7, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.