1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Difference between SQL and Oracle?

Discussion in 'Databases' started by techendeavour, May 30, 2011.

1. iliveforyou

iliveforyou Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also Oracle database is working fine with PHP language.

iliveforyou, Feb 6, 2012 IP
  2. rhaka

rhaka Peon

Best Answers:
    Oracle have more build-in functions. It will help you most on software development.

rhaka, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  3. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Security is provided by the person writing the program that accesses the database. Databases don't have inherent security.

Rukbat, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is. You can use SQL to interact with a database with any modern (and some not so modern) programming language. Many websites use ASP and interface to a database is about as trivial in ASP as it is in PHP. I can't speak for Ruby because I don't use it, but I'd guess that it's no more difficult to access a database in Ruby than it is in PHP.

Rukbat, Feb 10, 2012 IP
  5. rahul.patil

rahul.patil Peon

Best Answers:
    Oracle is best to use because it is easy and protect able and it use data base

rahul.patil, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  6. spaculus

spaculus Peon

Best Answers:
    Sql is a comman language for DBMS,RDBMS,ORDBMS.It is a language used to query( insert/retrieve/delete/update) the records in database. where Oracle is a software package, that is used to handle or to maintaine the databse.

spaculus, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  7. ankushsharma

ankushsharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Oracle is an object relational database management system, which allows objects to be stored in tables, in a manner similar to numbers and words being stored in an RDBMS system

The only interface available between end users and an RDBMS is Structured Query Language (SQL). All other applications and tools that users utilize to interact with the RDBMS act as translators/interpreters. These tools generate SQL commands based on a user's request and pass the generated SQL commands on to the RDBMS.

ankushsharma, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  8. ivickon

ivickon Peon

Best Answers:
    sql - Structured Query Language Oracle - It is a one type of DBMS software SQL -----

Sql is a comman language for DBMS,RDBMS,ORDBMS.It is a language used to query( insert/retrieve/delete/update) the records in database.

In this sql,sql plus are there.

It is a world widely accepted language for database.

Ex: c,c++

ORACLE

It is a software package, that is used to handle or to maintaine the databse.

Oracle runs on many platforms, SQL on Windows only 2. Oracle includes IFS (Internet File System), Java integration, SQL is more of a pure database 3. Oracle requires client install and setup (Not difficult, but very UNIX-like for Windows users) 4. SQL is #1 in Cost/Performance and overall Performance, although Oracle will refute that 5. Replication is much easier in SQL (I have been at clients where even the Oracle consultant couldn't get it working w/oracle) 6. Failover support in SQL is much, much easier 7. JDBC support is much better in Oracle, although Microsoft is working on it

ivickon, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  9. vj660

vj660 Member

Best Answers:
    SQL
    Structured Query Language, an international standard for database manipulation.
    Originally based upon relational algebra and tuple relational calculus,[4] its scope includes data insert, query, update and delete, schema creation and modification, and data access control.

Oracle
    The Oracle Database (commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS or simply as Oracle) is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS)[2] produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.

vj660, Apr 23, 2012 IP
  10. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest if you can find any website hosting with Oracle at a deasent price then go ahead and have a go at learning but I doubt you will the license are very expensive from what I know so if you have no experiance of databases then practise on something that's free like mySQL.

Typical Oracle license is over $25K, unlikely to find it on just any host - I have seen the license costs much higher on moderate Enterprise Hardware.

If you specifically need Oracle, then you already know the costs, and of course know that it is typically only deployed on very high end systems costing far more than what you see around these parts. Lets face it, if you need to Run an Oracle Database, it is going to be on some Big Iron, and Big Iron Costs (yes, I look after this sort of mid-range kit in my day job).

Typical hardware costs to run it are going to be between $50-200K for the hardware,most cases a lot more once you add an enterprise grade SAN into the picture. Even if you find someone, it is going to cost you serious - at least 10-20K/mth (probably more) to get onto that hardware.

johneva, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  11. raindog308

raindog308 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you learning for a job, or for fun, or...?

If you're looking to make a career, Oracle pays very nicely, but it's mostly medium to big companies. There is a free Express Edition available.

MySQL is very strong in the web space.

MS SQL is king of the Windows ecosystem. There is a free Express Edition available.

Don't forget DB/2 (also has an express edition) and PostgrSQLs, too :)

raindog308, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  12. jamesdeser

jamesdeser Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me

SQL is a programming language designed for managing data in relational database management systems.

The Oracle Database is an object-relational database management system produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.

Wholesale Silver Jewelry
    Wholesale Body Jewelry

jamesdeser, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  13. timu123

timu123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oracle sql is very powerful compared to my sql , hence its better to learn oracle sql instead of mysql.

timu123, May 2, 2012 IP
  14. vrajan

vrajan Peon

Best Answers:
    Sql is a comman language for DBMS,RDBMS,ORDBMS.It is a language used to query( insert/retrieve/delete/update) the records in database.

In this sql,sql plus are there.

It is a world widely accepted language for database.

Ex: c,c++

ORACLE

It is a software package, that is used to handle or to maintaine the databse.

It is a software to give the structure of database storage. * Oracle 7, Oralce 8, Oracle 8i, Oracle 9i, Oracle 11i are available in market. It is a company called" Oralce " to produce this software.

vrajan, May 15, 2012 IP
  15. abdurrahman

abdurrahman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oracle have the more features compare to the SQL
    its performance is better than sql

abdurrahman, May 16, 2012 IP
  16. abdurrahman

abdurrahman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    oracle is more secure than the sql because it provide patch every 3 month thats make secured

abdurrahman, May 16, 2012 IP
  17. perfectionsu

perfectionsu Peon

Best Answers:
    Structured Query Language (SQL) allows users to query a database. SQL commands work as instructions telling a computer system which data to access and how to present it.while on the other hand Oracle extends the capabilities of SQL with a comprehensive software package.and Oracle is more concerned with Security of the Database.

perfectionsu, May 22, 2012 IP
  18. jamesdeser

jamesdeser Peon

Best Answers:
    I think
    SQL is a programming language designed for managing data in relational database management systems.

The Oracle Database is an object-relational database management system produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.

jamesdeser, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  19. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which is why Cheverolets go faster than cars? (that is what you're saying - that a particular SQL database is more secure than the language used to communicate with it).

Rukbat, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  20. Noahdduke

Noahdduke Peon

Best Answers:
    SQL is a common language for the DBMS, RDBMS, ORDBMS.which is used to query and manipulate the records in the database.
    Oracle is a software package that is used to handle or to maintaine the database.There are many versions of Oracle are available in the market such as Oracle 7,Oralce 8, Oracle 8i, 9i, Oracle 11i.

Noahdduke, Jun 27, 2012 IP