1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did the dust settle? (EPN)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, May 22, 2008.

1. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:

Incorrect.

Yesterday I queried Kris aka kingpepper on Twitter and here is what he had to say;
    So there you have it, sounds good to me, of course anything other than EPN sounds good at this point.

KGL, May 31, 2008 IP
  2. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do I hear droves of EPN affiliates going over to PepperJam..?

What's implied with this though? Does it mean recoding all the links again... :(

Of course, we would all be keen to hear if anyone is going thru PepperJam, if the results are any better. If they're not, well, we'll just admit that we forgot how to do affiliate marketing last month and that's why our EPN results are all so poor...

markowe, May 31, 2008 IP
  3. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    Droves? I would say so!

Again, from Kris;
    Recoding? Most likely. Bet the BANS boys are hating EPN/eBay more than anyone else.

It's way to early for results, especially considering all of the applications that need to be approved.

KGL, May 31, 2008 IP
  4. webtarded

webtarded Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't even know what to think anymore. I do know that epn has sucked for the month of may, but i'll be damned if i want to change all my links again. What to do, what to do. :(

Nothing against them, i really don't know much about them, but how can pepperjam track differently than ebay? I just don't see the compelling argument for moving to them just yet. Maybe i'm missing something, but don't they have to work through EPN tracking also? Is the only benefit that they'd have people that would stay on ebay's back for missed acrus, sales, etc?

This sucks all around. I really wish the transition had been smooth.

webtarded, May 31, 2008 IP
  5. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the official announcement about this?

mcmuney, May 31, 2008 IP
  6. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    Do a little research on PepperJam, Kris and co. are an outstanding company.

KGL, May 31, 2008 IP
  7. KGL

KGL Peon

Best Answers:
    KGL, May 31, 2008 IP
  8. markowe

Best Answers:
    Hey, but wasn't CJ working through eBay's tracking anyway? I mean, you put the CID in the link, and went straight to eBay. So eBay must have been collecting all thes stats and sending them to CJ and saying "Sort this lot out and tell us what we owe". So there was still tracking eBay's end, right?

markowe, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  9. markowe

Best Answers:
    I would certainly consider it - I could recode my Wordpress plugin with an hour's work tops, provided there is no devilry going on, like JavaScript or something.

I wonder though if all this doesn't have the significance we think. Still weird though, why use a third party when you just broke off with CJ...?

markowe, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  10. markowe

Best Answers:
    I would certainly consider it - I could recode my Wordpress plugin with an hour's work tops, provided there is no devilry going on, like JavaScript or something.

I wonder though if all this doesn't have the significance we think. Still weird though, why use a third party when you just broke off with CJ...?

markowe, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  11. janetra

janetra Peon

Best Answers:
    Markowe I'm having the same difficulty with commissions way down for my 3 best performing (BANS) sites. Too early to say for the Wordbay sites but if you're considering adapting Wordbay for Pepperjam I'd be interested in testing it out

janetra, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  12. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess its early days yet for PJ, but currently they are only offering banners and text links, there are no feeds yet or tools like editor kit. I joined yesterday and have already asked the question when and if additional "tools" will be available. We can only hope.

mcjp6, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  13. markowe

Best Answers:
    As another user just commented, there is no way to use the eBay feed through PepperJam for the time being, all they are providing is banner ads and stuff, so it'll have to stay like this for now.

I would hope your results with BANS and WordBay ARE comparable, as I believe them to be - meaning EPN is up the spout generally, not my plugin, which was getting me at least a $2.00 EPC in its short, pre-EPN life...

markowe, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  14. janetra

janetra Peon

Best Answers:
    I didn't mean to imply Wordbay had a problem, just that I haven't been using it long enough to see if these sites are also having the problem with low commissions. Pity about Pepperjam not having feeds, guess we're stuck with EBPN for at least the time being then.

janetra, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  15. markowe

Best Answers:
    No, no, I didn't think you were implying that.. But I DID have to make sure I eliminated that as a cause of the problems. Since so many people are up in arms, the majority of them BANS users, then I am fairly sure things are "OK"...

Makes it pretty uneconomical to put too much work into my plugin or my niche sites though until things get sorted out, or until eBay definitely say, "Nothing to do with us", so we can drop them... My plugin could probably be adapted for, say, the Amazon feed, fairly easily...

markowe, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  16. gustav1989

gustav1989 Guest

Best Answers:
    CJ boys must laughing their a.... off at Ebay and saying "She'll be back."

The dust hasn't settle. Things are getting worse and ebay is desperate for help. By the looks of it, I don't think Pepperjam is the answer and ebay will return to do business with the big old boys soon. To the heavy linkers, don't touch those links! I'd say sit back for a few weeks and watch how it unfolds.

gustav1989, Jun 1, 2008 IP
  17. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're kidding, right? Ebay could care less about that small "subset" that are having trouble. Pepperjam is NOT a replacement for ePN and will not be offering anything beyond banners etc. I believe Neverblueads is an Ebay affiliate as well with a similar deal. I don't think Ebay is desperate for anything to tell you the truth, PJ is just a way for them to get more affiliates, broaden their network and get more $$ for Ebay. Nothing more.

seowarrior, Jun 1, 2008 IP