1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did the dust settle? (EPN)

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by mcmuney, May 22, 2008.

I haven't noticed any steam being released in the past few weeks on here, but then again, traffic on this thread seems to have gone down. Does this mean that the dust has settled and everyone is finding things back to normal on EPN? OR is that people are so frustrated that they stopped talking -lol

mcmuney, May 22, 2008 IP
  2. Dude-Dastic

Dude-Dastic Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the dust has settled. Nothing has gone back to normal... well, at least not for me. I've made under $40 this month after averaging around $200/month. :(

As for why we're so quiet, your guess is as good as any. Maybe frustration has led us to bite our tongues and take it in the rear as it seems that we're getting screwed. Or maybe we're thinking "to hell with eBay" and working to take advantage of other affiliate programs in CJ, LinkShare, Shareasale, AvantLink, Performics, etc. I know I am.

Dude-Dastic, May 22, 2008 IP
  3. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A 80% drop, that gotta hurt!

I'm not as frustrated as I was in the beginning. I'm very close to what I've earned in April on CJ, BUT, and that's a big but, I've had to add many more sites and spend a lot more time to get the same result. If I were to compare the number of sites and the amount of effort, then I'm also way down. Clicks are down, transactions are down and daily averages are down... even after doubling effort and the number of sites. That leads me to believe that if I was still on CJ, my earnings would have increased by 50% compared to April. In other words, I'm losing money.

Some would say that we have to take into consideration the economy. I suppose that could be a factor, but general transactions are not worth thousands of dollars, most are minuscule. It's cheaper to stay home and buy something online then to drive to a store for a purchase, so it's possible that we see a spike in online transactions, particularly with ebay.

Almost forgot to mention one thing. I transferred to EPN on May 1st and I still managed to get more ACRU's on CJ for May then on EPN, how does that happen?

mcmuney, May 22, 2008 IP
  4. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I dunno. I'm having my best month so far, after getting started with eBay right after the first of the year. Not a dramatic increase, but a nice steady build. So long as that trend continues, I think I can live with it.

potentmix, May 22, 2008 IP
  5. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    EPN tracking doesn't work, that's clear to me. My earnings are down 90% and absolutely zero ACRUs. Since they are forcing us off CJ and they aren't tracking there is no choice for me but to ditch them and replace with something else. Sad. I was really starting get something going with eBay.

geomark, May 22, 2008 IP
  6. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    This month is pretty close in sales.. if not right on. What I'm missing is the ACRUs. I use to get around 10/month.. I've had 1 since switching to ePN on 4/1. I'm hoping this will get back on track. But my winning bids/sales are where they should be after a completely crappy April.

hanji

hanji, May 22, 2008 IP
  7. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ACRU's are payable on a thirty day cookie. Must be your April clicks converting.

mcjp6, May 22, 2008 IP
  8. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    My sales are still WAY DOWN. I think I've had ONE ACRU since the switch.

Boo hoo :(

Kerosene, May 23, 2008 IP
  9. bucks

bucks Member

Best Answers:
    Ive noticed my commissions this month getting better

bucks, May 23, 2008 IP
  10. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    After averaging $300-400 a month for the past 6 months, I did $150 last month and $140 so far this month. sucks big time and I might just stop using EPN because it's not my main source of revenue. they really pissed me off

deedeedum, May 23, 2008 IP
  11. mikyur

mikyur Peon

Best Answers:
    Slowly back up to normal in the past month. April, May are usually the slowest monthes for me. The bright spot was that I got my first EPN payment ontime. :)

mikyur, May 23, 2008 IP
  12. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Peon

Best Answers:
    Same as others. Haven't got anything in almost a week now.

mrmrdan, May 23, 2008 IP
  13. triplex

triplex Peon

Best Answers:
    i dunno...this epn is making me angry! 1200 clicks and only 3 sales :-(

triplex, May 23, 2008 IP
  14. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, looks like most of us are still experiencing lower numbers compared to CJ. For those of you who are seeing better numbers, is it because of any additional effort or comparable to CJ's?

mcmuney, May 23, 2008 IP
  15. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure.. But I think it was really related to the 30 day cookie tracking. My numbers seem to have improved around that time, and stayed that way. I tried to migrate (and stay with ePN) since 4/1. I still have more sites to move, but I'm mostly all the way migrated.

I also switched to all type=4 links as well.. so not sure if either improved.. or none of it made a difference. The majority of my sales are from links vs. EK.

Like I said, my ACRUs are still super crappy.. so not sure what's up with that.

hanji

hanji, May 23, 2008 IP
  16. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    hanji: Where did you make the type=4 change? I only have 7 ACRU's this month, compared to 20 last month, it's pretty crappy as well.

mcmuney, May 23, 2008 IP
  17. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    I manually change the URLs to use type=4. Type=4 is the old flex tool link. Type=2 is itemID, Type=3 is search I think. I don't remember what type=1 is. I just change it in the rover code.

7 ACRUs in a month? That's got to be some kind of ePN record me thinks.

hanji

hanji, May 23, 2008 IP
  18. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    If 7 is a record, the future doesn't look so bright. I have 9 on CJ. Maybe I need to examine other affiliates.

mcmuney, May 23, 2008 IP
  19. deedeedum

deedeedum Peon

Best Answers:
    what exactly do you do to get 7? I barely get 2-3 a month if I am lucky

deedeedum, May 23, 2008 IP
  20. mcmuney

Best Answers:
    deedeedum: I don't do anything specific to get more ACRU's. But I think it's coming from organic traffic. I get lots of organic traffic from google from the weirdest searches and my assumption is that that's where the ACRU's are coming from. Based on some of the searches, my guess is that it's being searched by folks who never heard of eBay (lol). So I think being crawled by google is big. Plus, I have a range of PR0-PR4 sites, which also helps.

mcmuney, May 24, 2008 IP