1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did Panda/Penguin kill off most SEO?

Discussion in 'Google' started by TheCause, Sep 19, 2012.

1. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's hard to kill SEO industry. Everytime rules changes but it isn't in much way. If you have huge client you won't risk methods which can harm your work.

adbash, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. Ashley Sally

Ashley Sally Member

Best Answers:
    The Update of Panda Algorithm kill the Copied of Content. It increase the unique Content writing...

The updates of Penguin Algorithm Kill the linked building

Ashley Sally, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. ronitmathurseo

ronitmathurseo Member

Best Answers:
    I would say Yes. But most of them were using black hat SEO. They didn't use good technique and also their content was very low and duplicate. But pron of Penguin is that now you have to do SEO for your Website, other wise your website would not in top position of search result.

ronitmathurseo, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  4. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The updates affect like 1-2% of websites. It's just that these websites that were affected were own and run by spammers and scammers, and these people happen to be the loudest, so when their easy money ran dry they were the ones crying "SEO IS DEAD!"

The SEO that's worked in 2004 still works today.

If you do actual work, you and your clients will succeed.

Traditione, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  5. thepresence

thepresence Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thepresence, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  6. TheCause

TheCause Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok, that cleared up a lot. So basically, no, SEO is not dead. Spammers were targeted, therefor boosting sites that have original content (for the most part). Correct?

TheCause, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  7. tinycoin

tinycoin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google play on the stadium they built. Who don't want to follow them, they can go outside and play on Bing or Yahoo Stadium ^^, Google don't care

tinycoin, Sep 25, 2012 IP
  8. johnsonlogic

johnsonlogic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great discussion....!! I think SEO includes a lot of activities, and google's algo like Panda and Penguin are launched against copy content, unnatural inbound links and web spamming. Though this is a great break-down, but can't stop total SEO work.

johnsonlogic, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  9. expo09

expo09 Member

Best Answers:
    Of course it doesn't kill SEO. As with any algorithmic change it doesn't make SEO more or less important but it refines it. Anyone who was doing it the right way shouldn't have been negatively effected. SEO will always remain important in one way or another - there will always be things you can do with sites that will have an impact on its rankings.

expo09, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  10. jeffsmith

jeffsmith Member

Best Answers:
    if you are talking or asking about one more feature then it is social media other than content.

jeffsmith, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  11. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not think anything will kill the desire of webmasters to get the best possible results from search engine results.

I suspect that the better SEO's will require an 'armory' of niche specific contacts, and trend toward incoming traffic from more that just your basic search engine results. I also suspect that total SEO will contain a requirement for 'filling out' of site content to enable deeper long tailed traffic.

war_machine, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  12. paid-surveys

paid-surveys Member

Best Answers:
    i think yes.

this is also a great trigger to move to social network sites like facebook. it is like google shooting itself in the leg....

paid-surveys, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  13. mmm555

mmm555 Member

Best Answers:
    I think the updates made white hat SEO more effective. I could be wrong.

mmm555, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  14. isha189

isha189 Member

Best Answers:
    Yup... It's true. I have seen many SEOs are afraid of this Panda & Penguin.

isha189, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  15. johnny123

johnny123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By doing black hats SEO, you will probably get banned while grey hats SEO had rare chances, makesure to do White Hats SEO.

johnny123, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  16. Steve Jay

Steve Jay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's not bout these niches: How to do this, or do that. Create great content about your business, and what it can do for it's communities, then link the story with those communities. That's it.

Steve Jay, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  17. franklucas

franklucas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Penguin killed off a lot of short cuts and article syndication, going back 4 or 5 years. I've had to change the way I do business big time, but in the end, it's let to doing more real digital marketing and less short cuts.

Also, the penguin laid an egg and in that egg was infographic and content marketing. Google+ is also more important than ever now. Real people writing real posts on real blogs with real readers :)

franklucas, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  18. shteca

shteca Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it killed the industry at all. I think a lot of people that where taking advantage of the gap and holes in the algorithms found it hard to recover, but I think for the most part people who where using genuine content to promote a genuine service where completely uninfected by the changes.
    These are not the last updates Google will ever make and they will continue to try to provide the best results for their users and that means weeding out people who use so called "SEO tricks" to get a site that doesn't deserve to rank highly.

shteca, Apr 18, 2013 IP
  19. DavidTiger

DavidTiger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both these updates change the myth about SEO and make it spammer free some what. I am thankful to Google engineers for this beautiful gift and I think soon SEO become tough task for everyone. So only professionals get opportunities not any spammer or fake person.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    DavidTiger, Apr 19, 2013 IP
  20. angrypig

angrypig Member

Best Answers:
    Well i'm happy of those. For example now i need 2 links to promote some particular phrase, before something about 50. Huge difference. Im still using same techinques since 2003. The odds is due less competition ammount. Its sad but filters harmed newbies, how use most popular and automated software. Do it your own way, and sleep well.

angrypig, Apr 19, 2013 IP