1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did MySpace Block .info Domains from Bulletins/Forums?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by ScottHughes, Dec 14, 2006.

On MySpace, whenever I post bulletins or forum topics linking to domains that end in .info, they don't show up.

If anyone is familiar with the way MySpace blocks bulletins and topics, it says "success" but they never show up. It's very annoying.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there anyway to fix it?

ScottHughes, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  2. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Same question as above, except I'm curious if they block messages with .info aswell?

checksum, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  3. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why they'd do this...

Johnson, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  4. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't understand either, but it's the only pattern I came across when figuring out why my bulletin was going through.

When I typed just "test", it went through.

When I put a link to test.com, etc., it went through.

When I put a link to test.info, etc., it didn't go.

ScottHughes, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  5. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    .info works for messages. Maybe it's a weird error?

checksum, Dec 14, 2006 IP
  6. Zerohero

Zerohero Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried a couple test messages with .info domains, and that seemed to work fine, but I did notice a few bullitins coming in to one of my profiles where the user had obviously intended to have a web address, and it had been stripped out. (I have no idea if they were .info's or what..)

I have also noticed a largert than usual amount of profiles being deleted lately.. (same profile, I accept all friend requests on that profile and don't spend a lot of time sorting out the "junk" friends, so it tends to have a good share of spammy friends..)

Also, I saw a blog that "Tom" wrote about spam and phishing and that kinda stuff.. was interesting enough...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=26bde079-fe5c-4571-8fcb-7ad3c40d80e4

Zerohero, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  7. checksum

checksum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace has also cracked down on domain names over the past few days, there is a possibility yours has been blocked. If that's the case you may have to create a new one, or use a domain redirect service.

checksum, Dec 15, 2006 IP
  8. ScottHughes

ScottHughes Peon

Best Answers:
    No, that's not the case, because the domains I was trying to bulletin I had just made. Plus, I used test domains that wern't mine just to test it. And, links worked, but not links to .info domains.

ScottHughes, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  9. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    It's kinda weird but I've tried including .info domains and it works fine for me.

Bondat, Dec 18, 2006 IP
  10. pluto459

pluto459 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think there now tracking your links and once you have sent enough href tags you cant send anymore.

pluto459, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  11. curious1

curious1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had read a while on adderrobot forum that you can't put through info domains into a bulletin. I did one and it didn't go through and then when I uploaded the page to a com domain the bulletin with the link did go through. There also may be a limit on the number of href tags you can send as well but I'm not sure how that works. I think you can put through info domains as comments though.

curious1, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  12. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Myspace can put restrictions just on your account. When the viral spreading of sites was going around (the auto reposters) I had my site blocked, but I sent a few messages and everything is good to go now. They probably get so much more spam messages from legit messages from .info domains that it's just better to block them all.

Judd, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  13. sz2006

sz2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    oh, more and more domains are getting blocked in myspace now. Maybe someday, only some websites are allowed to be listed.

sz2006, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  14. adwordaffiliate

adwordaffiliate Active Member

Best Answers:
    Certain domains & redirection services are blocked. But they can also block you at an account level. So if you're sending too many bulletins etc they'll remove your ability to post live links.....

adwordaffiliate, Jan 2, 2007 IP