1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did I get penalized by the duplicate content filter?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Spacen, Jul 7, 2006.

I recently saw my website disappear from google serps after being on the first page for about a year and a half. I started doing some investigating and found that a secondary domain name is listed in google serps instead.

My main website domain is pegasusgalaxy.com. I also registered pegasusgalaxy.net and set it to redirect to pegasusgalaxy.com using the options through my domain name registrar (godaddy). I haven't changed this setup since I first registered both domain names over two years ago.

Why did these domain names switch out in google serps. I don't understand what's going on. Any help would be appreciated.

Spacen, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    Did u use coop or link vault? Sites that used these have disapeared from the SERPs a few days ago.

aaron_nimocks, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  3. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I use coop, but that doesn't explain why my .net domain replaced my .com domain in the serps especially since my .net domain doesn't actually have any content. It just redirects to the .com.

Spacen, Jul 7, 2006 IP
  4. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    My point being is sites that used coop have dropped out of the serps.

Not sure about the .net though

aaron_nimocks, Jul 7, 2006 IP