1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did I Do Anything Wrong With Content? Please Advise

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kenya Writer, Sep 25, 2015.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I couldn't read the whole thing, but basically it reads like a "Immigrant's Guide to living in the West". What you say might be true but who the hell would ever write that?

sarahk, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  2. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Blogzandstuff ... The error was on this article only. I think I was too overwhelmed with the project, and I didn't have enough ideas to make it read better. I do have an iWriter account with a 5-star writer rating. I only felt something was wrong with this article, and I am glad I got some feedback on it.

@sarahk ... This was actually my first article that didn't make sense to the client. This challenge is an eye opener for sure. I am certain this is a problem that I can fix to avoid losing a client in future.

Thank you for being honest.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
    Kenya Writer, Sep 25, 2015 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You have multiple grammatical and syntax errors in this article. And your use of colloquialisms are "not quite right," as well. Some mistakes are very similar to ones that I explicitly pointed out to you in a previous thread, so it is clear that you have done little to improve your skills in this area since that last thread. No matter how clever or creative your articles may be, if they do not use proper English, most readers absolutely will be turned off and anyone paying you for an article will be highly disappointed unless they, too, know little about the English language.

If you are looking for someone to correct your article and teach you proper English via this thread, your expectations are way too high. You have gotten an answer to your question about why the article was rejected from a few members who are native speakers. @qwikad.com @sarahk and @Matthew Sayle write English very well. I have been reading their posts for quite some time. I used to tutor college students in English composition, so I happen to know what I am talking about, too. The buyer was right: the article, because of its technical flaws, completely detracts from any potential value the reader might receive from its message.

jrbiz, Sep 27, 2015 IP
    Kenya Writer, sarahk and qwikad.com like this.
  4. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    I made many mistakes in the article, and I agree. I am doing the best I can to ensure I do not repeat the same mistake in the future. Thank you for being honest. I appreciate.

Do have a lovely week.

Kenya Writer, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  5. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Your article is good but there are grammar lapses. I think its juts normal. Try to write more and surely you get the work around.

Dario McNut, Sep 28, 2015 IP
    Kenya Writer likes this.
  6. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    @Dario McNut I am a good writer, and I believe I can do better in future. I have started reading some novels and inspirational books to make my English, grammar to be precise, better. I am hoping this will help me, mostly because I want to spend the next few years writing articles for my clients. Thank you. :D

Kenya Writer, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to be this guy... but in Kenya and learning English. If a man, traumatised by being a refugee and having to learn how to live in a new culture etc can do it in 9 months it should be easy for you.
    [​IMG]

sarahk, Sep 28, 2015 IP
  8. Kenya Writer

Best Answers:
    Thank you @sarahk. I believe there is always room for improvement, and I am going to use the little time I have to learn something new everyday. Thanks again.

Kenya Writer, Sep 30, 2015 IP
  9. dpmiindia1

dpmiindia1 Member

Best Answers:
    According to me you need to add a positive point in this article.

dpmiindia1, Oct 1, 2015 IP