1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did Google ruin the internet?

Discussion in 'Google' started by mnymkr, May 15, 2007.

1. awesty

awesty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has done the complete opposite to ruining the internet. Imagine if there was no google? sure, you could use yahoo but i doubt yahoo would be as advanced as it is now if google wasn't there for it to compete with.

awesty, May 16, 2007 IP
  2. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that the growth of the internet has nothing to do with how many MFA sites there are nowadays, and Google has everything to do with it?

There are more of every type of web site now than there were in 1996.

Forrest, May 16, 2007 IP
  3. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. But I am also one of the guities. ;)

jimkarter, May 16, 2007 IP
  4. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Google represents evolution that's for sure

w3bmaster, May 16, 2007 IP
  5. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google represents something more like TV Guide ... which reacts to new shows being on by listing them, but doesn't actually create those shows.

Forrest, May 16, 2007 IP
  6. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google actually reframed the internet, providing it with a whole new meaning.
    /As for junk articles, the practice to control them is to be stressed on, that's all/

NathanielJ, May 16, 2007 IP
  7. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The internet would have been even much more commercial than now if it was not for Google.

login, May 16, 2007 IP
  8. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by that statement? :confused:

8everything, May 16, 2007 IP
  9. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats why its not good to rank Number 1 in google anymore because people always look on like the 3rd page or 4th page on google.

- Prilep :D

prilep, May 16, 2007 IP
  10. mnymkr

mnymkr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well obiviously the next new thing won't be how to store and search the vast ocean of webpages but how to sort them to your liking.

Personally , I would like to have the option to sort my keyword and sort for sites that are listed in all 3 major SE, have no PPC ads, and have every word spelled correctly.

So a sort engine.

mnymkr, May 16, 2007 IP
  11. littlebobek

littlebobek Peon

Best Answers:
    Good one :D :D :D

littlebobek, May 16, 2007 IP
  12. minimumrage

minimumrage Peon

Best Answers:
    That is like saying that commercials ruined television. There are plenty of people that would not take the time and effort to put together good quality sites if there was no money to be made in it. Sure - 90% of it is junk, just like on television, so change the damn channel and they'll take it off the air. If people stop clicking on the ads of worthless websites they will eventually die out.

minimumrage, May 16, 2007 IP
  13. huesped

huesped Peon

Best Answers:
    I think affiliates ruined it

huesped, May 16, 2007 IP
  14. Forrest

Forrest Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess from that standpoint, it's a good thing there are almost seven billion people in the world. Even if all the people who wouldn't take the time to put together a good quality site if they aren't being paid for it, that still leaves tens of millions who would.

Forrest, May 16, 2007 IP
  15. minimumrage

minimumrage Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah OK. Tens of millions of people huh? So where are these tens of millions of webmasters at? :confused:

minimumrage, May 17, 2007 IP
  16. Le GoogelGuRu

Le GoogelGuRu Guest

Best Answers:
    And could result in biased results.

Le GoogelGuRu, May 18, 2007 IP
  17. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been saying this for months and everyone tells me I'm nuts.
    Adsense is ruining the web with junk pages.
    I hate adsense and I will never...NEVER litter any of my personal portfolio with those junk scrips.
    If adsense goes bust tommorrow, the buy and sell threads at every forum will be 50% lighter of MFA webmasters who have no other purpose or knowledge.

Google has just made it easy for people who have no business disseminating information to get a crappy ad filled voice.

The dumbest websites and blogs that I see are directed to web people, but loaded with irrelevant adsense.
    It's a joke, and the economic culture that has developed around it of people building entire portfolio's of crap websites, based on one income source that is littered with fraud is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

It's just like the 90's when so many quit their day jobs to become day traders, with no skills, knowledge of economic education.

Most of these adsense sites , are worthless, yet the only question on any ones mind when buying, at this level, is,"How much adsense does it make?"

Do you see any buyers that buy in the $5k and up range asking about adsense? NO! Because it doesn't take an economic major to figure out that you can't base an industry that is run on algorithms,and marketing and depend on just the crappy low cost ads alone when determining value.
    It's about the domain and the content. Some of these MFA's and their cookie cutter blogs and websites don't even see that they are on the bottom of the totem pole, and are wasting their time in an area that no self respecting business man would ever be caught "broke" depending on.

It's like investing in pet rocks, and pet rocks alone.
    I just sold a group of domains and websites for about 25% of their value, due to a court order, and very few people could determine the value of them without seeing adsense revenue, which I refuse to give, because once I show someone that this group makes $9k a year, my pride won't let me accept $3k for them, regardless of the court ruling.

Obviously I found a buyer and he got the deal of the century, without ever asking me about adsense.\He was able to look check, and determine value, and they were sold in 10 minutes.
    None of these MFA webmasters have that knowledge, and they all just watched a good income slide buy because they couldn't see adsense screen shots.
    Now this new owner is going to make about 8 times what he paid THIS YEAR, just by being at the right place, and the lack of knowledge of all the others before him.
    I have talked to many buyers that have found me through this forum and others, that don't participate, and they tell me, that they check the forums every few days, and they never worry about missing anything because you can slap half of these guys in the face with hundred dollar bills, but if you can't PROMISE them they will make adsense money, they don't know what else to do.
    Turns out adsense was good on these, but the least of the way we made over 6 figures with them, and a few hundred people walked right by it, or even worse, didn't have the money which should tell you right there that your business model sucks.

So no, Google is not ruining the web, they just made it easy for every idiot plop up an MFA full of bllsh*t, and thier fake economy has spawned a whole industry of crappy "webmasters" to do their bidding, which is placing ads on useless worthless pages all over the web.
    It's like an army of minions.
    JMO

hmansfield, May 18, 2007 IP
  18. SupaSharp

SupaSharp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but in the end, only sites with good content will last

SupaSharp, May 23, 2007 IP
  19. tradeya

tradeya Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it's not google's system that's wrong but it's all those bad people's fault. they just dont know how to earn money and use this useful tools properly.

tradeya, May 23, 2007 IP
  20. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I know, but i gotta blame someone. But since i posted that, it seems google is cleaning up it's MFA sites.
    Good news!

hmansfield, May 23, 2007 IP