1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

did godaddy screw me over?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by techblology, Apr 25, 2007.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^ Thank you.

There appear to be only two people in this thread that cannot comprehend this simple bit of logic: techblology and domnom.

It really isn't rocket science. :rolleyes:

minstrel, May 17, 2007 IP
  2. eniram

eniram Peon

Best Answers:
    eniram, May 17, 2007 IP
  3. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Another opinion, sure, but that domain was pulled at the request of Myspace.com because there were thousands of user details / passwords archived.

They (Godaddy) could've handled it differently, I agree, but when you have a department set up to deal exclusively with abuse such as phishing domains and the like, it all becomes rather mundane from the Godaddy employee's perspective.

mcfox, May 18, 2007 IP
  4. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    There is something wrong here maybe i should write down in ancient Aramaic to understand it minstrel
    Why you keep repeating yourself trying to put me in the same situation ?
    I said before and suggested to drop this case, that he doesn't have a chance for the domain but when i mentioned i don't like GoDaddy, i received insults from that moment and replied back.
    I entered a cross fire zone and suddenly i have the same ideas of the techblology ?

Today i received concpiracy theories (the ones you don't like minstrel) to "Grow up, you are just trying to defame godaddy because you are a reseller of enom!"

Are there so narrow minded , so ignorant veggie-brain people here ?
    - Defame GoDaddy ?
    * They made an error and sent the money from one of my sale to a wrong paypal account. Got them back in about 2 months after countless emails
    * Nearly all the times their support dept. is only to say 'yes' or 'no'. You wait 24H only to receive another email that says they forwarded your primary email to their 'advanced' support dept. Average time per reply i send about 3 days. 4-5 times never got a reply at all.
    * There are MANY really MANY complaigns for GoDaddy across the web and practically i don't see what this registrar offers more than any other reputable, old and some times cheaper registrar. Experienced Domainers admit that this registrar targets end-users and not big portfolio owners. Some of them keep their GoDaddy accounts and their domains there because it's easy to push the names they sell to users they don't know anything else apart GoDaddy

- I'm a reseller of enom ?
    * I like enom because it helps domain reseller do their job and because they are much older than GoDaddy, proved their business course through the years, i never said i actively resell names for enom. My main domain isn't even registered at enom
    * I like namecheap.com because is secure, above average to all their services
    * I like moniker.com for the security and the trouble free operation they provide
    * I like domainsite.com and their sister site name.com for the cheap prices $6.99 and $5.99 (for transfer) that i don't have to search for GoDaddy coupons to get this price
    * I like registrars that are not based on marketing tricks or various money squeezing techniques as GoDaddy does (default parking for themselves and payment if you want to use your own traffic to gain revenue, display of price + icann fee to look cheaper)

Regarding the issue mcfox mentioned (with Myspace requesting from GD to take down a site)
    This was a big issue at domaining community. The reason that that guy launched www.nodaddy.com
    When it pissed me more (apart from why and how GoDaddy acted like this) was that after SO much trouble, reference to various magazines they didn't care even to make a formal announcment. Reporters gathered opinions from any person they could find. So much noise but GoDaddy didn't think right to inform the people about their decision. Why Mr.Parsons you don't care for the people trusting their names to you? Why you're not clear and inform the people? Is it better to plant the instability for your services and let so many people leave thinking they can loose their domains anytime without a reason or excuse rather than announce the reasons you took that domain down?

- This is not the only case GD erased domains. He likes very much to spell proof your whois info (i know it's icann rule to be accurate the whois data) but GD takes this too far. Make an error and your domain will vanish before you can say dot com

I believe GoDaddy is an average registrar with a superb marketing team. Nothing more nothing less but as they say in marketing what counts is the service awareness of the product and nothing else. GoDaddy with his ads and his promotions managed to plant in your mind his logo and when you hear the word 'domains' your first thought is ... GoDaddy. Well done. This doesn't mean he's the first or the best or whatever. People who don't understand will remain with a kid brain for ever

If i spoiled the perfect image you have for GoDaddy sorry take the blue pill and rest, these issues are far too advanced for you
    If you still have intact the perfect image for GoDaddy keep it, it's your right to do what you see better for you
    If you don't like GoDaddy welcome to the club. It's your priviledge you took the red pill

I clearly don't understand if here in the board you have to say people what they like to hear not to receive negative reputation points (4 already just by saying i don't like GoDaddy). If this is a price of telling your opinion then i guess these are not so negative afterall

domnom, May 18, 2007 IP
    WebMarketingMan and oKiAo like this.
  5. techblology

techblology Member

Best Answers:
    mcfox are u getting paid by godaddy to suck up to them like this?
    I hope you're getting paid instead of being a free whore.
    I can understand minstrel's point of view cause he works for godaddy.
    but you on the other hand,
    you're just vigorous and intent on taking down anybody who dislikes your daddy

techblology, May 20, 2007 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    You need serious and longlasting psychiatric help - maybe Minstrel can help you out and give you some referrals? ;)

mcfox, May 22, 2007 IP