1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

did godaddy screw me over?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by techblology, Apr 25, 2007.

1. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    Final outcome : GoDaddy did screw you and not only you
    GD screws everyone he wants and does it without second thought
    There are more than 1 example for this but people know only GoDaddy and this is the one will trust until they open their eyes and see how things work out there

The worst you can do to GoDaddy and the best you can do for your self are :
    Suggest everyone you know to avoid GoDaddy and tell them your experience, forget about the name or the lawsuit you will never take something out of it

domnom, May 16, 2007 IP
  2. markhanrry

markhanrry Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When it is not in your hands many people will say that their domain was of high price. Godaddy has many other things to do then to just take your domain name.

markhanrry, May 16, 2007 IP
    minstrel, Nick_Mayhem and vevz like this.
  3. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    An hour or two after i posted my opinion above to avoid GoDaddy i received a negative reputation with the comment "another moron"

You see those who think they know about the industry don't take no for an answer and see the others as "morons" when they disagree with them

Yes Mr.X i'm another moron, unfortunatelly for you i have the courage to say i don't like GoMammy compared with many users who don't dare to say a word about the world's favorite registrar (as the registration stats show)

Maybe you should respect morons too because i believe you are a lot closer to this category than you think

Also i would advice you to get out of your cave and read a dictionary to learn more words than the one you mentioned

The only reason i consider myself a moron is because i give you value and reply to your low human level reply

Thank you for your respect, people like you bring bad names to forums. I guess you are an inspiration for software companies to implement 'ban' features to boards and discussion groups

domnom, May 16, 2007 IP
  4. techblology

techblology Member

Best Answers:

you still haven't debunked my test.
    all you have done is talked about the spelling of my site.
    if u think u are so right then debunk my test.
    because you're acting like a lil girl right now with all your complaining about what I do.

techblology, May 16, 2007 IP
  5. techblology

techblology Member

Best Answers:
    lol you should see the negative reps that I got.
    godaddy has a strong cult following.
    if you diss godaddy then it's like dissing one of their family members.

techblology, May 16, 2007 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    There is nothing to debunk. Being an idiot is usually self-evident and requires no debunking.

No, the negative rep is probably because you are an idiot, as evidenced repeatedly throughout this thread.

mcfox, May 17, 2007 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  7. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    mcfox i don't know how this helps but someone is a moron when he says he doesn't like GoDaddy ?
    I replied with one post and got immediately a negative rep ?

Is this the mind level of GoDaddy followers because if it is then i would say that the quality of their services match with the quality of brilliant minds like the 'moron' guy he sent me the negative reputation
    If GD is a place of blind no brainers that can't stand a different opinion and they are fanatical about a useless service (IMO) then fine

However you should know that there are A LOT of people who dislike GoDaddy (unrelated with the story of this topic) and they do deserve to say their opinion

There is always a case that Mr. Parsons brain washed his customers with the same techniques they used in Vietnam that he fought

domnom, May 17, 2007 IP
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You do realize that this is DigitalPoint, not GoDaddy, right?

The issue is not whether or not you or the other guy or anyone else likes or dislikes GoDaddy. What's at issue is his conspiracy theory insistence that GoDaddy hangs about waiting for people to register domain names so they can steal them - and his repeated but obviously hollow threats to sue GoDaddy. It betrays a complete lack of understanding of how the process works.

I don't care if he sues GoDaddy or the whole world. I find it laughable and/or irritating that he continues to moan about how his domain name was stolen here at DP. First, it's a ludicrous claim. Second, we all know it's not going to happen.

And the fact that Parsons fought in Vietnam (assuming it's true) has what exactly to do with this thread?

minstrel, May 17, 2007 IP
  9. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    You do realize we're clever people here and not morons, right ?

OK, so do you want to shoot him ?
    There are ridiculous dislikes and ridiculous likes of GoDaddy, where is your problem ?
    What's worst ridiculous thing for you :
    1.Ridiculous dislike : a conspiracy theory that GD steal domains
    2.Ridiculous like : someone register domain names there because he liked the boobs ad in SuperBowl

Are you capable of reading the posts in this topic ?
    Did i said i'm a lawyer of that guy ?
    Didn't i suggest him to drop the case and just tell other his story if he believes he's right ?
    Are you able to stop him ?

Your language also is not very good and your reputation level requires a little bit more politeness, respect is something you should try to learn and i don't care if someone mumbles or not. Forums are not an arena and i'm suprised you don't know it

Can you take your eyes put them in rewind mode, go to my post and read the whole sentence please ?
    If you can't understand it then i can't help either
    Also try to spend few minutes to read who's GoDaddy because i see you don't know even the basics if you are still assuming

ALSO :

First of all the guy who sent the 1st negative reputation sent a 2nd one right now with "Morons are morons"
    I guess he has a mirror in front of the keyboard when he visualize these comments

I also assume he must learn to behave out of his cave or take his torch and go to another cave, maybe find a woman with boobs because the one he has right now must not have any. Maybe that's why he loves GoDaddy, he sees boobs and this is all he wants
    I assume he's a brainless user, i assume also he had a very good reputation and that's a shame. I reported these comments to the mods for now or maybe i will make him a domain's multi forum issue if i have time. These people should be banned once and for all from forums

domnom, May 17, 2007 IP
  10. techblology

techblology Member

Best Answers:
    thats the exact response I knew you would type.
    what's the matter? your feeble brain can't come up with an explaination?
    It's really simple so let's try this again.
    you and the godaddy employee claim I registered an already registered domain.
    I did my test to prove that it's impossible because in less than a minute I was unable to register an already registered domain.
    you can't debunk it.
    so you and the godaddy employee have no choice but to divert off topic.
    see how simple that was?

techblology, May 17, 2007 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You do realize that you're not demonstrating that in your posts, right?

No. I want him to put up or shut up, preferably the latter.

You forgot:

3. register domain nameds there because I like the service

Huh?

Huh?

That's not possible. The reputation system here does not allow it. I can well believe you got two negative reputation votes, but they are from different people.

http://www.google.com/search?source...s=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-29,GGLJ:en&q=define:immature

You unleash a torrent of juvenile insults and then complain about someone else? Good luck with that one... :rolleyes:

Q.E.D.

12. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    Right.
    When you leave the "Huh?" mode and start understand maybe i can accept more educated comments

I only pray this behaviour is not part of your phycology help you're giving to people asking for help (commenting your sig links)

Really "juvenile insults"
    I replied back to the one who called me moron
    Why do you rate them as insults, are you the one who posted them ?
    Good luck to you too, you'll need it

Stoping here, don't have time to quote an issue or replies from people who clearly can't understand
    For a totally different reasons than the one of the topic i believe GD sucks but i guess i don't have the right to say that thing
    You can't imagine the traffic a site can get if they launch an anti GoDaddy forum

BUT i guess GD already knows it
    The domain GoDaddySucks.com is redirecting to GoDaddy :) :) :) :)

domnom, May 17, 2007 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Did you mean to search for psychology?

I was talking about the insults you posted here in this thread - and the fact that apparently you believe it's okay to insult people but want to complain about people insulting you. That's what "you unleash a torrent of juvenile insults" means. :rolleyes: And but the way, read my comment above: It is not possible for the same person to post two negative reputation comments that quickly. You must have at least two "fans" here with similar appraisals. :D

14. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    Three, now. :D

Q.E.D. - lol! Do you think they'll ever figure that one out? :cool:

mcfox, May 17, 2007 IP
  15. Lynsey

Lynsey Peon

Best Answers:
    It just sounds like someone got to it before you

Lynsey, May 17, 2007 IP
  16. domnom

domnom Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's better for you to do the spelling than the .... psicolozi
    Yes mcfox now there are 3 negative reputation comments
    You accused the man above for conspiracy theories but there is no problem when you create your own (from the 3rd negative reputation "no coincidence you're selling domains, no?" )

I talked with a mod, saw your posts and for now i will follow his suggestion
    Thank you everyone for the respect and honor you give to your fellow forumers when they disagree with you

domnom, May 17, 2007 IP
  17. webwizard22

webwizard22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everyone. I am new here to these forums but not new to the web.. I have been in the Internet arena for some time now (11 years). I really don't want to get in the middle of this topic as it's quite confusing (and heated) at times. I would however like to add quickly a time when something similar happened to myself with godaddy.

First off.. I have NEVER registered a domain where it WAS available and had received a receipt, then received an email a short time later saying it WAS unavailable, then checking whois and seeing the name was registered ONLY seconds, minutes, hours, or even the same day. Your story is harder to understand I'm sure that's what is causing the debates. Let me add before my point I am NOT taking either side, just wanted to share my experience.

Secondly...

I HAVE however in the past registered (2) different domains, on two separate occasions, over a year apart, and godaddy sent me the email saying it was NO LONGER available for registration. Only this time (different than the original posters story), I checked the whois and the names were actually already showing registered months for 1 name, and actually over a year for the other since last renewal, and ACTUALLY owned for more than 3 years by that owner.

I can't remember the name on the second time it happened, but I do remember the first. It was for the domain "HOSTING.INFO" I registered it along with some others at the time. I then received my email receipt, and later received the email saying there WAS an issue and one of the domains was NO LONGER available. So they would be refunding the money which would take a few days to credit back. At first I was a little upset, I guess who wouldn't be at first glance in a situation such as this.

I then proceeded to check the godaddy whois and saw the name "HOSTING.INFO" was actually registered a little over a year prior. So there could be no way of a mixup at the final registration gate. And obviously godaddy cannot take a domain name away from someone who is the rightful owner for months since last renewal, actually over 2 or 3 years in this case from original registration date.

So apparently godaddy's database is sometimes giving false hopes. I have registered through godaddy and moniker, and others a lot of years back but since have transferred to only those two accounts. I have 268 domains in my portfolio on godaddy. I started using them years ago before they were really famous because I like their prices from the $15 I was previously paying.

Anyway, this has only happened 2 times out of 268 (plus names I let go over the years). so out of over 350 domains registered, 2imes this has happened to me personally. In BOTH cases the names were already registered way previously to me.

So angry, yes! But reality is they weren't really available to register in the first place. Godaddy available data error? Yes! A were sorry, it's already registered email, and a refund.. I leave disappointed of course, but happy I at least got my money.

I really do not want to take sides with this guys test or no test. The point is godaddy just like every other computer data center messes up or is slow at times. That's just the reality of it all. Be disappointed, but look at the bright side, you got your money back. And I would ONLY cry foul play if you can PROVE that the name was registered within minutes of you, AND that the registrant works for or is in fact godaddy themselves. Which seems far fetched, who knows.. Really that seems like the only thing (leg) you would stand a chance of standing on. You cannot prove a lawful case unfortunately based on time, as it's a first come first served type game. I do however wish you luck on whatever choices you decide for your own personal closure.

By the way.. sorry for the book for my first post.. I just wanted to add that I think these forums have a lot of useful info for a web marketer/designer like myself.

Regards,
    WebWizard

webwizard22, May 17, 2007 IP
    mcfox and oKiAo like this.
  18. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome aboard, WebWizard. Quite a Jerry Springer thread here, eh? :D

I'm rather impressed that techblology is still posting on this topic. I would've
    thought s/he'd already sought legal advice or detailed this experience online
    from the time s/he started this thread up to now.

IMHO there's nothing more to discuss here. But that's just me.

Dave Zan, May 17, 2007 IP
    oKiAo likes this.
  19. oKiAo

oKiAo Peon

Best Answers:
    Great point you have made there. Though he already mentioned in way back of the thread that he doesn't care about the refund :D

Hope this issues have been clam a little as I can't believe, just like others, that it is still burning :D

oKiAo, May 17, 2007 IP
  20. shylesson

shylesson Banned

Best Answers:

#1. What your test 'proved' was that Moniker is fast to register.
    1a. If you want to test that it does not take Godaddy time to update, then register a domain name FIRST at godaddy THEN at the other site and see if it is available as THAT is what you are trying to 'prove'.
    1b. For your test to be further valid, you would have to repeat the process a number of times (10 being the easiest) with the same results.

#2. You contend that the reason you should be the owner of this domain is that a. you registered it first and b. no one could have registered it because you did. BUT:
    A. What proof do you have that you registered it first? Do you have the confirmation letter from the current owner proving that they did it after you?
    B. If two people registered the domain, then obviously someone can register a domain that is already registered (which is not what happened here, but I am merely following the 'logic' you have provided) because this other person registered the domain! AFTER (by your ASSumption) you did!

You talk to others in this thread about not addressing your proof or whatever, but you never addressed the mate early on (within the first page) who said:

That fact combined with the fact that it takes longer to register a domain with Godaddy anyways may account for the error. You forget that when you did register with the other site and then went to godaddy, that you also had time in between registering and then going through the whole process with godaddy. Any test you attempt will not be very accurate as you will not be registering the domains simultaneously as what probably happened here.

shylesson, May 17, 2007 IP
    oKiAo, mcfox and minstrel like this.