1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Did anyone see a drop in traffic the first week of May

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by oseymour, Jun 9, 2013.

I saw a drop of about 30% of organic traffic from Google during the first week of May. We haven't done any major changes to the site, no new features. I suspect this was an alogorithm update but I'm having a hard time finding any information about it.

SEOMOZ Description
    "Phantom" — May 9, 2013

In the period around May 9th, there were many reports of an algorithm update (also verified by high MozCast activity). The exact nature of this update was unknown, but many sites reported significant traffic loss.
    Does anyone have any more info?

Attached Files:

oseymour, Jun 9, 2013 IP
  2. jaminess

jaminess Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I had a loss of 70% traffic. That was panda2.0 I guess. You should check out what happened. I know noe they prefer Authority sites
    jaminess, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  3. SERPpoint

SERPpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    In time of updates, there are fluctuation in ranking even you have a quality site, so you need to wait for the stability.
    SERPpoint, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  4. VukasinI

VukasinI Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just a little bit, not to much..
    VukasinI, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  5. social-media

social-media Member

Best Answers:
    This was discussed heavily on Webmaster World as well. There was definitely some type of update during that May 7-9th timeframe.
    social-media, Jun 15, 2013 IP
  6. Lloyd Banks

Lloyd Banks Member

Best Answers:
    I lost everything with latest updates. Starting May was 90% drop and recently, about 3 weeks ago another drop. I am talking about site that used to make over $6K per day in sales and now its around $50. From having over 2000 targeted visitors it dropped to 70 and keywords are not targeted.

[​IMG]
    Lloyd Banks, Jun 16, 2013 IP