1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Developing 10+ domains / sites.. both personal and business

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by brandnow, Feb 23, 2015.

Hi Guys,

So I plan to develop 10+ domains / sites over the next few months. Basically I am starting over from scratch with my business and personal branding. I am just curious about one time. It has been over two years since I took a hiatus from the Internet and social media.

Because I plan to develop multiple sites, both personal sites (about me) and business sites (about my business and brands, etc.) my question is this.. for SEO purposes should I buy multiple web hosting plans?

Let me elaborate further.. right now I only have one web hosting plan pre-paid for 3 years with HostGator shared hosting (any opinions on them for SEO?). All 10+ of these sites should be relatively small / low traffic web sites all running Drupal. I like Drupal, although I am also wondering if maybe I should switch to Wordpress? I notice many people are using Wordpress these ideas.

But I am curious for SEO purchases if it would make sense to have my brand / business sites on one shared hosting and perhaps have my personal sites on my HostGator account? The reason I ask is because I plan to have hyperlinks between my personal sites and my business sites. So I wonder if having ALL 10+ of these domains on one shared hosting plan with HostGator would be smart or stupid? Or if for SEO it would significantly make a different to have some personal sites with HostGator.. a few business sites hosted by another host.. and a couple more sites hosting with a third host?

I don't mind doing this.. I'm only worried about paying for 2 - 3x web hosting plans at the same time. BUT if it would help me with SEO, ranking, etc. then I will just spend the money.

Please help me with any insights into this because I plan to start developing these sites ASAP! I want to do this the best way possible as these aren't sites for earning web sites, these will be web sites that will represent me / personal experiences and my real life businesses. Thank you for any help with this!!

brandnow, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  2. behnamy

behnamy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you wanna link from one of your website to another, yes you should buy another web hosting with different IP.

behnamy, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  3. Pfaul

Pfaul Peon

Best Answers:
    A reseller account may work as well. Get a small semi-dedicated, fully managed, server package. Create 10 accounts using different IP addresses, which you can buy for pennies per month. Manage all of them yourself as if you were paying for 10 hosting accounts and, if you make some loot you could legitimately charge yourself (IE those 10 accounts) for your hosting services.

Pfaul, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  4. jcw

jcw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to use them for SEO backlinking purposes, then putting them on different IPs is important.

jcw, Feb 23, 2015 IP