1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Determining if server time was midnight?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by tanyania, Jul 21, 2011.

I've got a variable that will increment upon a user's action. Example: They click a link, and it adds 1 to the variable. The variable is then shown to the screen. I want this variable to be reset to 0 for the user, anytime the server's time has hit Midnight.

Could you provide a simple example script that does something like this so I can examine it and learn how it works please?

tanyania, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  2. bogi

bogi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2 simple solutions:

1, Cron job
    2, If you have enough traffic and/or you don't care if it resets some minutes later, you can check the time in a config file that is loaded every time a user visits a page on your site. You should also have another record in your (let's say options) table storing your last time of reset - either a timestamp or just the name/number of the day.

Do you need a script to reset the variable for the user? "UPDATE `table` SET `var` = 0 WHERE `user` = 'youruser' :)

bogi, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  3. suryawl

suryawl Peon

Best Answers:
    1. add a field contain date
    2. "UPDATE table SET click = 0 WHERE last_click < '" . date("Y-m-d") . "'"
    3. update clicks
    "UPDATE table SET click = click + 1, last_click = '" . date("Y-m-d") . "' WHERE user = 'youruser'"

suryawl, Jul 22, 2011 IP