1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Detect what make server/website downtime

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by fgsg, Feb 8, 2015.

Hello,

I check my website and see today was downtime 2hour, How i can check why this happend ? I use CentOS 6.6 (64bits)

Thanks.

fgsg, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your server logs. Was there a gap in traffic to your websites during the 2 hours? Was there maintenance going on, a software rebuild? Was the server actually down or was there a problem somewhere along the network from your computer to your server? A lot of people mistakenly think their server is down when the fact is it is up and serving visitors, there is just a problem between your ISP and your server somewhere along the line. I see it all the time.

billzo, Feb 9, 2015 IP
  3. volex

volex Member

Best Answers:
    You should check the apache domlogs, at /usr/local/apache/domlogs/domain.com or just in your domlogs folder in apache installation directory if not that one.

You can also check the error_log at /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log and the server message log at /var/log/messages for indicators as to what the issue was.

volex, Feb 10, 2015 IP