1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Design Contests Subforum Sticky

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Equatorial, May 5, 2015.

Hey guys.

I think the Design Contests Marketplace could do with a sticky to assist Contest Holders. The sticky should ideally outline a checklist of recommended information and requirements to be included in OPs. A properly written OP will ensure smoother and higher quality contests, while doing away with any ambiguities. Some of the items that you may want to consider adding include:

(i) Closing date (believe it or not, there are many contests without closing dates)
    (ii) Format and resolution of deliverables (vector, DPI, etc. - it just makes sense)
    (iii) Payment terms (immediate, after further amendments)

In addition, I fail to see the logic of CH requesting amendments of submissions from multiple participants. It's a contest, not a group brainstorming session. It's logical, even necessary, to request final revisions from contest winners, but asking participants to make amendments is just unfair.

There is also the problem of non-paying CHs. There's even one CH who claimed to have selected a winner, yet the CH refused to disclose his/her identity. They're probably just tapping into the ideas of contest participants. A big, easy to find report button might make it easier for everyone to report such CHs.

Another subject that bears some thought is CH reserves the right to not choose a winner. I can understand the rationale behind such a 'clause', but it is, again, unfair to participants. Plus, it gives unscrupulous logo thieves an excuse to hide behind.

On the subject of participants, a warning against using licensed stock images in their designs should also be included. Minor tweaks or color changes do not make copyright claims disappear. It devalues the community as a whole when winning designs contain copyrighted elements.

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure you guys will be able to come up with a more comprehensive list.

Equatorial, May 5, 2015 IP