1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest Design Contest #15: Entertainment News Magazine Font Logo Needed ($50 Prize)

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by theurbantwist, Mar 26, 2015.

I would like a word mark/font kind of logo for an online magazine.

The prize is $50.

TheUrbanTwist.com is a news type magazine where we are trying to employ people to write for our site on a variety of subjects from news, entertainment, politics, etc and more. We want our writers to give their "twist" or opinion to the various news trends and topics going on in current events.

I was looking more for a type kind of logo with a hint of an element from my old logos such as the skyline, but don't want it to be the main focus. I'm looking for a font type logo that would stand off on its own on shirts, letterheads, other items that would need this branding.

A word mark as this url explains:

http://www.nodinx.com/5-basic-types-of-logos/

Some examples include Facebook, Twitter, Disney and Sony. Just to give a few examples of logos that are mostly type.

I also like Absolut vodkas logo as an example and other sites similar to mine such as Mashable, GameInformer, The Verge.

I don't want logo to be just any old text font either that I could find on Microsoft Word if that makes sense. I want it to be unique.

I also want it to somehow capture a hint of what my old logos had in look and feel of the skyline, but don't want that to be a main point of emphasis. You can use the same color scheme my old logos had.

Here's my old logos, from oldest to current, with the last one being the current one with one circled perhaps the one you should maybe model.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tR2u82zuZidTBLR0ttU01uWDQ/view?usp=sharing

We just need a crisp clean kind of custom font that somehow incorporates....

a.) skyline
    b.) clean and sharp and is really magazine like in look and feel
    c.) Would look great as a watermark and on shirts and other apparel

Need logo to be high res and would also need a matching symbol or icon to go with logo to use as profile pic for Twitter, Instagram, etc. The icon would simply just have our initials "TUT" stylized to match logo.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

My tagline is also "Your City. Your World. Your Twist." that can be added, not as part of the actual logo but beneath it.

We've been throwing contests for quite some time on here and just started numbering them. You can check out some of my recent posts for proof of payment.

Please, no PMs... I prefer for everything to posted to board instead.

The contest is to last 72 hours but preferably sooner. If I see a logo I really like, I will post that to board that contest would stop.

Thanks!

theurbantwist, Mar 26, 2015 IP
  2. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    krishmk, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  3. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your attempt as it is always hard to be the first one to enter contest, but this isn't what we're looking for.

Logo has to stand out with a custom kind of font and your font isn't that, and logo should at least look of the same quality of my current logo on site as shown in url given in my description, which it isn't. Keep in mind that I will be replacing my logo with whatever logo wins the contest.

Here's my old logos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tR2u82zuZidTBLR0ttU01uWDQ/view?usp=sharing

I'm sorry. This isn't on par with any of them but good attempt.

theurbantwist, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  4. bahrinc

bahrinc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

bahrinc, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  5. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    getdomain4u, Mar 28, 2015 IP
    Athisa likes this.
  6. creativediva

creativediva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is my entry..

[​IMG]

Feed back appreciated..

creativediva, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  7. xtr33m

xtr33m Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    TUT.png

xtr33m, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  8. gibblet

gibblet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm in......will post my entry soon.....:)

gibblet, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  9. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iulia87, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  10. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your entries! Very impressive stuff. Leaving feedback below your respective entries in this post.

Thanks for your entry. I do like the simplicity of this as I feel that it has a newspaper logo kind of feel to it, but it's just plain text font and nothing special to it. Not trying to knock it but looks like a font style I already have on Photoshop and can do myself. It's simple and effective but not a logo I'd be willing to replace my current logo with.

Not what I'm looking for. Too busy. I really need a customized font type that can stand out on its own without all the busy stuff in the background. This is not a logo I'd swap my current logo out for either, but thanks for entering.

I like the simplicity of the text...just not the background. And the font isn't customized to the point that it stands out from other fonts that I have in Photoshop. Like the logo but not what I'm looking for.

I like this style, probably in my top two of all entries posted thus far. I just don't like the background even though I like the background if that makes sense, lol. I really want a font style that can stand out on its own as its own brand of font. Like when people see the logo and font, they'd think of my company.

I really really love this logo and you're leading the pack at the moment. This is in line of what I had visioned of a font taking on its own identity for my brand and standing out on its own.

I would like to see different variations if possible and also, the "B" kind of looks like a "R" so it kind of reads "URRAN" instead of "URBAN". I know that it's a B but others might not on first glance.

I'd also like to see a symbol or icon to give the flexibility for the use of either just the text or both elements across a variety of applications. Something that'll look just as good with the elements separate as it does with them together.

You might recognize some combo marks like Hawaiian Airlines, Adidas and Sprint just to give you an idea.

http://www.nodinx.com/wp-content/up...mbination-hawaiian-airlines-adidas-sprint.png

But you're in first at the moment. I like where you're going with this.

theurbantwist, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  11. outwork69

outwork69 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I will post my entry soon.

outwork69, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  12. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Another Try
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    getdomain4u, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  13. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your attempt, but honestly this is definitely not what we're looking for. Not a unique font or even a unique spin on "Urban Jungle" font that you used, which is a font I have on Photoshop and can do this myself. Need the font to stand out on its own and not look bland or too familiar to other fonts.

I really appreciate your effort but not trying to waste any more of your time.

Thanks for entering.

14. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for the feedback. Here are the revisions:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iulia87, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  15. iulia87

iulia87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I forgot to post my last revision:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iulia87, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  16. zSmartDesign

zSmartDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My try sir, Feedback is more than apreciated, it's needed!
    [​IMG]

Project included, all shapes/letters/paths/vectors etc, all editable.
    High-Res 3k.

zSmartDesign, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  17. gibblet

gibblet Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    My entry.....:)
    [​IMG]
    Thanks.....feedback appreciated.

gibblet, Mar 29, 2015 IP
  18. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really love this version of the logo and I like what you did with "Twist" and the crooked "T". Simple but yet effective. It's a nice and welcomed addition to your original version.

I'm just torn on the "Urban" part of the logo. I really like your attempt at adding the buildings but don't think it's working as a colleague of mine says they kind of remind him of Monopyly game pieces so we may have to scrap that from the design and maybe add something else.

Is there a way to add the skyline literally in the word "Urban" itself or let me see what it looks like in the background. I'm looking for something subtle to accent the "Urban", something similar to my 3rd logo here circled: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tR2u82zuZidTBLR0ttU01uWDQ/view

I'm just looking for something that can also be removed from logo and logo still looks nice with just the font. It has to be subtle. An accent or icon even if possible. I'm trying to scratch my brain here thinking of something to add, but so far you are still in the lead my dear...may need a day or so to to mull this over unless you come up with something first.

But you're in the lead still.

19. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I really appreciate your attempt and I actually do like your logo but it isn't what I'm looking for. I'm looking moreso for a font type logo that can hold its own by itself without any of the extra bells and whistles when needed. For example, If I removed the skyscrapers and such from your logo, it'll look just like a plain font logo which is something I'm not trying to have. I hope you understand.

I like the logo, just not what I'm looking for.

20. theurbantwist

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for your entry.

I really like your take on the logo and "twisting" the city upside down. I like your spin on that but not really digging the font. It looks too "edgy", almost video game-ish. The font would have to stand out on its own without the extra added elements and don't think this font would work for that purpose. I could be wrong but it doesn't appear so at first glance.

But I do like the logo, I really do. Just not quite right for me.