1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Design Comps

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Rae79, Apr 25, 2017.

Looking at creating a design comp for a new business. On average how many people do you have respond to these comps?

Rae79, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  2. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Budget and trust are the two key things to a successful design competition.

- You tend to get more if you pay properly. Ie, $50 should be minimum for any contest, $200 should be min for large contests such as complete website re-designs. This is just an example of the minimum, it is still very low compared to what the designers are truly worth.
    - How likely will people trust you to pay, rather then simply vanish? People that have been here for a while, tend to have more trust.
    Remember, you are making dozens of people work for free, and only 1 person will eventually get paid, so you have to find ways to assure them, that you will actually pay the best artist. You will have trust issues, simply as you are a new member.

Because you are new, perhaps, you need to consider hiring directly, 50% in advance is fair, and normal. Try to browse existing competitions, find someone who does amazing work and contact them. I have hired several amazing artists, that I found from the contest section, and I have never been disappointed.

matt_62, Apr 25, 2017 IP
  3. Rae79

Rae79 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice! Thanks :)

Rae79, Apr 25, 2017 IP