1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deployment and Session State

Discussion in 'C#' started by crazidiamond, Jan 24, 2007.

hey guys...

My question involves deploying my website to the production server. I created a small batch file that copies all of the nessisary files over to the other server and that is working nicely. what isn't working nicely is that i lose my session state every time i run the update script. the session state id is remaining the same but all other data is gone. any idears?

andrew

crazidiamond, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    When an application is updated all session info seems to be lost. I dont think there is anyway around this. I think IIS has to reset the application to pull the new code into memory.

Let me know if you come up with anything...

ServerUnion, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  3. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have a session-state mananger. We just deployed www.davincigourmet.com and www.oregonchai.com on a WebServer Farm - which keeps sessions active. So - when any files change, your sessions aren't lost :) Essentially, you can have a seperate server to store/track the session states (by stateServer or DB). It's pretty easy to do but opens up a whole new can of worms... regarding webfarms.

ccoonen, Jan 24, 2007 IP