1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dems say "no more Global War on Terror"

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by d16man, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    gworld, your ignorance is beyond the pale.

Study up on Christianity and then we'll talk more on the topic. While you remain this woefully ignorant, it is useless to attempt to converse with you. I might as well try to teach my cat to code shell scripts.

The core belief of Christianity is that Christ died on the cross to wipe away the old covenant and replace it with a new covenant, where all a Christian must do to be saved is to accept Christ as his savior.

Also, I regularly defend people who happen to be Jewish. This is far different from defending Judiasm. I also defend people who happen to be Muslim and people who happen to be Christians and people who happen to be Buddhist. And yet, I am an Atheist -- imagine that!

Will.Spencer, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Does that mean the 10 commandments are null and void too?

ferret77, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  3. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  4. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    Jesus actually specifically said that he did not come to remove even one letter from the law (the old testament).

Josh Inno, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    He didn't remove it. He fulfilled it, removing it's relevance.

6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    No one is saying the Old Testament is "null and void".. However, it was improved upon, via the New Testament..

Here in lies the key difference between the "Bible" and the "Crayon". There is no old/new in the "Crayon", only hate, rape, murder and war.

There is much improvement that can be made... Given time, I suppose when Islam reaches maturity, it too will have a "New Testament" of it's own.

One only hopes that day will come sooner, rather than later, if at all.

Mia, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
  8. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, Jesus came to fulfill the law...if you looked at Will's post, you would know that Jesus gave us a new commandment...to love one another as he loved the disciples..even Paul said this in his letters...but then again, Will's post was probably to long for you to read.

d16man, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  9. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    The old testament is not Irellavent. It clearly sets out a huge set of rules. Everyone has broken them, is thus a sinner, and thus is worthy of punishment. It is only in light of this that the sacrifice that Jesus made makes any sense. If we are not sinners, we have no need to be saved, and his sacrifice is for naught. If we ARE sinners, his great sacrifice has done us a great good by giving us another path to God.

That does not mean that we should not attempt to abide by the old testament, but as Jesus said, we should be concerned first with comes out of our mouths, with preventing ourselves from speaking, or thinking hate, before we worry about the unclean nature of things like Pork.

Josh Inno, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  10. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    God made those animals clean....see chapter 11 of Acts. Those are things we should not be worrying about any more, like you said.

d16man, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  11. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Does this mean that you have no excuse about how the old testament that supports the same punishment as Islam is part of Christianity? :rolleyes:

Jesus never said that he is abolishing the Jewish law, so it is still valid according to Christianity and if you are talking about the love of living with 12 other guys, I suppose you can consider San Francisco the only real true Christian community. ;) :D

gworld, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  12. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would like exact verses please, from both Islam and Christianity...
    Matthew 5:17 (Jesus said) 17 "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill."

d16man, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  13. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    No, it means you are a hypocrite as an atheist for believing such and willingly attempting to point it out in one, while never having the slightest word about it in islam.

GTech, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  14. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wow, you summed it up and hit the nail on the head....lol.

d16man, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    No!

Josh, Christian theology uses the doctrine of original sin. Original sin means that we are sinners because we are descendants of Adam. We are sinners no matter what we do -- the OT rules are irrelevant for this.

16. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if it hadn't been for that darn woman eating that fruit...(just kidding)....as humans we were ALL born into original sin, and it does not start with either male or female, but both.

d16man, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  17. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of moron reads NOT to abolish and translates it as to abolish? :rolleyes:

Abolish: to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.

Not: used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition

It seems you just understood the first part about "do not think" and immediately stopped thinking. :rolleyes:

gworld, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  18. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    gworld:

It appears that you misread d16man's post.

Are you being stupid on purpose, are you mentally retarded, or are you chemically impaired?

You also fail to understand Matthew 5:17. Jesus fulfilled the old covenant and replaced it with a new one. This fulfilled the purpose of the old covenant and now Christians no longer need to follow the old rules because they can now better understand the deeper meaning that was behind the old rules.

I really have trouble believing that anyone can honestly be as stupid as you pretend to be. I believe that you must be faking.

19. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    So what is this so called new "convent"? Find 12 guys to live with and start loving each other? :rolleyes:

Anyone can read your post and see what a BS it is. You can try as much as you like to pretend that you are the xbox general or science fiction philosopher but we all know that you are just the little willy, scared member of missing balls chicken brigade hiding under your bed, waiting for scary Muslims to come and get you. ;)

gworld, Apr 12, 2007 IP
  20. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    If you really want to know, read the friggin' Bible.

There is no excuse for your being such a dumbass.