1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Demotivated

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Live2Write, Jun 19, 2009.

:eek: Check my blog here! and tell me as to what I can do to make it attractive for visitors. I have had not a single visitor come actually!

I am unable to figure out as to what I can do with the image resizing. I have the option in the theme and I did click that, but still the images arent resized to be eye candy. What could have gone wrong here? :(

Is it advisable to first post content into the blog for soemtime and then submit to search engines and directories or other way round?

I will take every and any advice from you friends (will rep all) to help me get the ball rolling! Thanks all in advance!

Live2Write, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  2. 2advance

2advance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The car image in the highlights section looks good but you used the same image for the description, looks too low in quality, try to use some other..

2advance, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  3. sarah_harvey

sarah_harvey Active Member

Best Answers:
    The smaller images look good, but then it gets stretched and it doesn't look good. The problem with automatic image resizing is that if you use a big picture to start with, it might do it good, but your best option is to resize the images beforehand. This gets tedius and unfortunately there is no easy way about it. My blogs are exactly the same. If I use a big picture and let it auto resize it, then it comes out horrible or it will stretch it. What I did with one of my blogs..was to create a standard image that could be affiliated with my theme. Like a question mark or any type of symbol. In my case...I had 4 pictures already uploaded and the links saved in a text file. So everytime I would do a post, I would automatically select one of the images to go with the post. That made it a hundred times easier.

sarah_harvey, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  4. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have like zero content.
    Add much more content and make it so people know what the site is all about.
    As for the image that is controlled by CSS. Change the CSS and it is global.

Mkcoy, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  5. jitendra05

jitendra05 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing to complaint there

jitendra05, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  6. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    :)@2advance
    Yes thats real irritant...I need to find a fix to it.

@sarah_harvey
    Thanks dear for sharing your insights and wisdom.

@Mkcoy
    Yes I know...i had been experiencing teething issues...and I hope to overcome them, so I can blog as comfortably as many people do really

@jeetseo
    Are you also a noob like me...:confused:...because I believe its not that there is nothing to complain....

Anyone else motivated to review my blog please? I will be grateful to all the insights you give!:)

Live2Write, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  7. sakto

sakto Active Member

Best Answers:
    content is the king, you must have a lot of it. You must also consider your keywords and target demographics. As a news site, you are directly competing with the big wigs and so make yours unique or niched.

sakto, Jun 20, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  8. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    @sakto
    Yes considering keywords, while I am unsure as to how I can target demographics. Thanks for your time buddy!

Live2Write, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  9. netdriver788

netdriver788 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The template and layout is simple and need to add more content.The car image in description section is not much clear since you had just enlarged the size of the image.

netdriver788, Jun 21, 2009 IP
  10. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah thanks for the tips! I think, for now I have taken care of images and image posting.

The new issue though is with regards to posting the text. I write my text in MS word and then copy/paste to the wp ...but when I see the post it comes bizzare with BIG space between paragraphs and even the font changes.

I am a noober, I appreciate advice from people here who've been blogging for quite sometime. Thanks in advance!

Kindest Regds
    Aram

ps: You might want to check the text from any of the signature links!

Live2Write, Jul 15, 2009 IP
  11. cmorley

cmorley Peon

Best Answers:
    Your blog is taking longer to load. Maybe that is the reason. Not sure where you are hosting. Look into it. Actually it didn't even load for me.

Content is the key to a successful blog. Don't focus on counting visitors from day one. Post quality unique content and then wait for search engines and others to pick up. Make sure you blog is set to ping feed services so they can pick up the postings quickly. Traffic will build up eventually over a week or so.

cmorley, Jul 16, 2009 IP
    Live2Write likes this.