1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deleted Thread

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mkcoy, Aug 17, 2015.

I had my thread recently deleted for no real reason too. Apparently it was duplicate content but it was a new service and only started it here. So how can it be duplicate? When I sent a message to admin (Sean) he just ignores me. I think I've sent you 3 messages about it now Sean right?

Mkcoy, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  2. Mkcoy

Mkcoy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well that says will be directed to the proper forum but I see no direction from you.

At the end of the day how am I supposed to find out why my thread was deleted if nobody is going to answer me?

The thread was apparently removed for bein duplicate content but it was a brand new service and never before posted anywhere else. How then can it be duplicate content?

I'm starting to get really offended by this forum. If it's not a member talking down to you like you're a piece of trash the admin just ignore you too like that's the best thing to do. It doesn't take 1 minute to reply to a message. When someone takes their time to send you a message the least you can do is reply. It's just common courtesy which appears to be an alien concept to the majority of users here as well as the staff.

Mkcoy, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Eventually, you would get a response sending you to the right place, but I don't instantly check private conversation messages since that's not used for support or anything else really. I put a note on my signature letting people know that's not the right place for support, so it would be like if you had users and you let them know that if they email you, that's not the right place, and then they get mad when you didn't respond fast enough to what you told them was the wrong place to contact you at. :) Eventually, I go through them to point people in the right direction, but it's not the top of my priority list, and happens once every few weeks, not every few minutes/hours.

Generally speaking, if a service was deleted for being a duplicate, then that would mean you posted the same (or similar) service before. For example, say someone was offering a service designing company logos in 7 days for $20. Later they post a service designing company logos in 10 days for $25. That would still be a duplicate service (with the service being logo designing), pricing and quantity changes do not make it a different service.

Without knowing the URL/thread in question here, I really can't tell you what something was flagged as duplicate content, because I don't have anything to look at, but subtle changes to a similar service would still be considered duplicate (which is what it would fall under most of the time).

digitalpoint, Aug 17, 2015 IP